Wei-Yin Chen Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pedroia and AGon are on fire right now, I think we are going to see a lot of runs on both sides, a dog fight!
Chen got his "bad game" out of the way in his last outing. He hasn't had 2 bad games in a row all season, so you might not want to assume that the Red Sox will necessarily knock him around tonight. :)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=chenwe02&t=p&year=

And the pattern continues !!! .:boogie:

The guy can pitch. Period.

Clearly he didn't come up through our system. LOL.

Seriously. Nor did Hammel. And Miguel Gonzalez wasn't really a product of our system.

Our drafting, scouting, and minors system is a joke. Or more accurately, was a joke before Duquette arrived.

I have hope that Bundy and Gausman can overcome the putrid instruction and development we have, but our best pitchers are an example of how we have a major problem which needs to be fixed, and that MacPhail's "grow the arms and buy the bats" philosophy was terribly executed.

I think it is safe to say that Chen has developed a "first inning problem" that is every bit as bad as the one Tom Glavine battled at many times during his career.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Safe to say a full 25 starts in his MLB career eh?

Coming into today's game his first inning ERA of 5.25 was actually lower then his seventh and eighth inning ERA.

Safe to say a full 25 starts in his MLB career eh?

Coming into today's game his first inning ERA of 5.25 was actually lower then his seventh and eighth inning ERA.

But he's has had at least 3 absolute blowup 1st inning starts in his last 15. Show me another [good] pitcher who has had that problem.

Let's put it this way... I am fairly sure no.matter how the game comes out that Buck will be talking about Chen's 1st inning issues in the postgame so I think it's a valid topic to discuss here.

If I am.wrong about Buck talking it postgame then I will apologize, Someone will have to let me know, I am visiting my mother and only have internet via my phone.

But he's has had at least 3 absolute blowup 1st inning starts in his last 15. Show me another [good] pitcher who has had that problem.

Let's put it this way... I am fairly sure no.matter how the game comes out that Buck will be talking about Chen's 1st inning issues in the postgame so I think it's a valid topic to discuss here.

If I am.wrong about Buck talking it postgame then I will apologize, Someone will have to let me know, I am visiting my mother and only have internet via my phone.

You might be right. I am just saying that the sample size is still kinda small to be making unilateral statements.

Archived