H:o) 2

R:..) 2

BB:) 0

SO:) 9

Pitches: 97 (73 Strikes, 24 Balls)

2012 ERA: 3.64

WEI-YIN BY INNINGS

5 *

* Chen got one out in the 8th inning before departing.

Once-in-a-cheneration performance from the chenerable, chentastic, chenomenal, chensational, chenbelievable Wei-yin Chen, so chenerous of him to turn in this kind of chenmorable outing when the O's so chenuinely needed it.

EDIT: only to be followed by transchendent failure.

What was Buck thinking in this horrible 8th inning? He let's Strop face 9 batters and give up 3 runs to tie the game with a 4-1 lead and pulls him with the bases loaded. Does he think Tillman won't get our of the 1st inning Wednesday afternoon? Unbelievable! I think Palmer and Thorne were speechless. If we lose this game I may not watch on Wednesday. Buck is losing it in Seattle or is it Sleepless in Seattle?

What was Buck thinking in this horrible 8th inning? He let's Strop face 9 batters and give up 3 runs to tie the game with a 4-1 lead and pulls him with the bases loaded. Does he think Tillman won't get our of the 1st inning Wednesday afternoon? Unbelievable! I think Palmer and Thorne were speechless. If we lose this game I may not watch on Wednesday. Buck is losing it in Seattle or is it Sleepless in Seattle?

Just maddening, I cannot remember a worse decision.

I would like someone to have the guts to ask Showalter what he was thinking. Chen was outstanding and Strop clearly could not get anyone out, but he sticks with him. It's just terrible.

Didn't stay up to watch, but I'm both pleased and relieved to see Chen have such a dominant outing. Now halfway through the season, and he's 7-4 with a 3.64 ERA and has thrown 99 innings. I'd gladly take a second half that good from him. He's somewhat unlucky to have only 7 wins.

WEI-YIN CHEN O(vs. ANGELS 7/08)

IP:O 4-Plus

H:o) 5

R:..) 5

BB:) 3

SO:) 5

Pitches: 72 (46 Strikes, 26 Balls)

2012 ERA: 3.93

WEI-YIN BY INNINGS

6 *

* Chen did not get any outs before departing in the 5th inning.

Chen's command of his fastball and changeup were pretty good, I thought. The curveball is his 3rd or maybe even 4th best pitch but for some reason he likes to throw it. He hung one to Trout and another to Pujols. That was 3 runs right there. I saw a stat a few starts ago that shows the batting average against each particular pitch that Chen throws. I think it was 1. fastball 2. changeup 3. slider 4. curveball. I know it's tough to get by with two pitches but he should ditch the curve for the slider and go with his best three. He's been hurt with his curve all year long.

I remember seeing that too. I think teams were hitting his curve at over .400.

Archived