Pick a nickname for Dylan Bundy

baltfan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am in the camp that nicknames can not be assigned, they have to develop organically.

In my mind's eye however I can see a packed OPACY going Whoa Bundy! in unison after he strikes out the side.

You and OFFNY beat me to the first 2 things I thought of. He has good potential for alliteration. I can already hear Joe Angel:

"Dylan's Dealin' !!!!"

"Dylan's Duelin' !!!!"

"Bundy Befuddles Boston!! And the Orioles are in the WIN COLUMN!!!"

If it's not something awesome like CoCo or Pokey or Bip or Ducky or Arky or amazing like Puddin' Head or Three Finger or Sleepy or Cool Papa or regal like The Yankee Clipper, The Splendid Splinter, The Silver Fox or King Carl, I'm not interested in nicknames.

I'd rather people just be a-feared of saying his name at all.

If it's not something awesome like CoCo or Pokey or Bip or Ducky or Arky or amazing like Puddin' Head or Three Finger or Sleepy or Cool Papa or regal like The Yankee Clipper, The Splendid Splinter, The Silver Fox or King Carl, I'm not interested in nicknames.

I'd rather people just be a-feared of saying his name at all.

If hitters nickname him "He who must not be named," we'll all be pretty happy.

Lets bust out a mythological nickname. Perun, perhaps?

Like Germanic Thor, Perun is described as a rugged man with a copper beard. He rides in a chariot pulled by a goat buck and carries a mighty axe, or sometimes a hammer. The axe is hurled at evil people and spirits and will always return to his hand.

Or since he is an Okie, maybe we can call him Joad. Or Sand Bass.

Or instead of the all-too-common Bulldog moniker, we call him Bullfrog. Oklahoma's state amphibian too (who knew.)

In reality I agree that these things should develop organically.

I'm not a Berman fan, but some of his nicknames over the years approach genius.

That said, there are some great organic nicknames in that list - though not the most famous. "Frenchy" for Francoeur, for instance. I've always like Pronk.

And, even if not a nickname, I'm a big fan of Tony Plush.

Archived