Umpire tired of lame Camden Yards Security tackles shirtless drunk young male fan.

Gurgi

Dogs wouldn't work unless you are only using them for a visual deterrent. With the person running around the field, around and through players there is no safe way to deploy the dog. It's just not in any way safe.

Also for all those saying that tasing is excessive force so use dogs instead, have you ever seen a trained dog bite for real? I do decoy work, the bite force is incredible. I could show you what my arms look like and that's through a bite suit. A live bite in front of tens of thousands of people and 100's of thousands more on tv would be an absolute PR nightmare. Lawyers would be lining up to take the case.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dogs wouldn't work unless you are only using them for a visual deterrent. With the person running around the field, around and through players there is no safe way to deploy the dog. It's just not in any way safe.

Also for all those saying that tasing is excessive force so use dogs instead, have you ever seen a trained dog bite for real? I do decoy work, the bite force is incredible. I could show you what my arms look like and that's through a bite suit. A live bite in front of tens of thousands of people and 100's of thousands more on tv would be an absolute PR nightmare. Lawyers would be lining up to take the case.

Do the dogs bite if they aren't being resisted/ If an idiot runs out on the field and then sees two dobermans coming after him, what is he likely to do? If it were me I'd curl up in a ball and try to protect my vitals. It's stupid to try and run from anm attack dog. If he does he deserves to get bitten.

Just curious-- do you do this to train cop dogs? If so, is the suit under regular clothing?

My dog was a cop dog in-training for the early part of his life but proved to be too docile for the force. He still has some strange behaviors I can seem to train away-- for example, he goes crazy when he sees someone wearing all black. Especially if they have a hoodie on or hat in addition to all black clothing. I'm just curious if it has anything to do with this type of training.

Do the dogs bite if they aren't being resisted/ If an idiot runs out on the field and then sees two dobermans coming after him, what is he likely to do? If it were me I'd curl up in a ball and try to protect my vitals. It's stupid to try and run from anm attack dog. If he does he deserves to get bitten.

The dogs bite anything they are told to bite. The handler would send the dog toward the intruder with the bite command. If the intruder dropped to the ground the handler could recall the dog or change the command to a bark and hold, but on the field with the athletes that would be a pretty scary proposition. You are dealing with animals that aren't robots. They don't always listen. Also a dog wouldn't necessarily be able to discern between Adam Jones just standing in center where he belongs and the idiot running behind him. That's the handlers job. He needs to deploy the dog in a safe manner for the dog and for everyone else. It would be irresponsible to send a dog in that situation.

Also no one would ever use dobermans. Getting a good dobie is next to impossible. The dogs would most likely be Malinois.

The dogs bite anything they are told to bite. The handler would send the dog toward the intruder with the bite command. If the intruder dropped to the ground the handler could recall the dog or change the command to a bark and hold, but on the field with the athletes that would be a pretty scary proposition. You are dealing with animals that aren't robots. They don't always listen. Also a dog wouldn't necessarily be able to discern between Adam Jones just standing in center where he belongs and the idiot running behind him. That's the handlers job. He needs to deploy the dog in a safe manner for the dog and for everyone else. It would be irresponsible to send a dog in that situation.

Also no one would ever use dobermans. Getting a good dobie is next to impossible. The dogs would most likely be Malinois.

Just curious why is this? I have always been fond of Dobies since one bit me when I was 8. I wouldn't be worried about the athletes getting in the way. In the instances I've seen they get pretty far away form the idiot. It would simply be a matter if herding him into an open area and if he didn't give up at the sight of the dogs, release the dogs with a bark and hold command. Basically this would only have to happen once, IMO. No one sane enough to gain admission to the Yards would ever try it again.

Just curious why is this? I have always been fond of Dobies since one bit me when I was 8. I wouldn't be worried about the athletes getting in the way. In the instances I've seen they get pretty far away form the idiot. It would simply be a matter if herding him into an open area and if he didn't give up at the sight of the dogs, release the dogs with a bark and hold command. Basically this would only have to happen once, IMO. No one sane enough to gain admission to the Yards would ever try it again.

Good working dogs are hard to find in general. Very few people are working with dobermans now making it even harder to find them. Most lines are now pet or show lines. You could certainly find a good pet. There is a lot of time and money invested into these dogs so you want to stack the odds in your favor as much as possible. So you go for proven dogs form proven lines and it's still more miss than hit. So people tend to stick with Malinois or Dutch Shephard.

Sure, you could pull the athletes off the field and then do your thing. I'd be very nervous of the possibility of actually having to do a live bite in front of all those people still. You always need to expect the worst and hope for the best. Say the idiot on the field is high or mentally unstable and he doesn't go down. The spectators might be pretty freaked out watching some dudes arm turned into hamburger.

I've never taken a live bite, thank God, but it hurts through a bite suit. The first bite I ever took was an amazing eye opener. I had no idea what I was in for. I thought the bite suit was so thick that it would barely register, Wrong. A real committed bite from a trained dog is no joke. I've been bitten by a random neighborhood dog before, but that is at the complete other end of the spectrum. A dog bite like that is normally not a full mouth bite, it's only with the front teeth and they don't hold, they release almost immediately to get away from harm. I've never been tased, but given the choice right now between dog bite or taser and I'm choosing taser.

Good working dogs are hard to find in general. Very few people are working with dobermans now making it even harder to find them. Most lines are now pet or show lines. You could certainly find a good pet. There is a lot of time and money invested into these dogs so you want to stack the odds in your favor as much as possible. So you go for proven dogs form proven lines and it's still more miss than hit. So people tend to stick with Malinois or Dutch Shephard.

Sure, you could pull the athletes off the field and then do your thing. I'd be very nervous of the possibility of actually having to do a live bite in front of all those people still. You always need to expect the worst and hope for the best. Say the idiot on the field is high or mentally unstable and he doesn't go down. The spectators might be pretty freaked out watching some dudes arm turned into hamburger.

I've never taken a live bite, thank God, but it hurts through a bite suit. The first bite I ever took was an amazing eye opener. I had no idea what I was in for. I thought the bite suit was so thick that it would barely register, Wrong. A real committed bite from a trained dog is no joke. I've been bitten by a random neighborhood dog before, but that is at the complete other end of the spectrum. A dog bite like that is normally not a full mouth bite, it's only with the front teeth and they don't hold, they release almost immediately to get away from harm. I've never been tased, but given the choice right now between dog bite or taser and I'm choosing taser.

Aren't GSD just as desirable as the Dutch Shepherd? I've heard they often aren't as easily distracted as Dutch Shepherds.

Also, I'd love to hear your answer to my question posted just above.

Aren't GSD just as desirable as the Dutch Shepherd? I've heard they often aren't as easily distracted as Dutch Shepherds.

Also, I'd love to hear your answer to my question posted just above.

Sorry, I didn't see your question earlier. You'll see a lot more GSD when the primary work isn't bite work. GSD have the same issues as a lot of other working breeds. They just aren't bred for work as much anymore. There are a lot show breeders that are obviously breeding for other traits. There are still some good ones out there, but the numbers just aren't as high as Mali's.

My decoy work is with dog sports competitions. I have worked with police dogs, but not in an official capacity. Police departments do there own training.

One way of training is with a hidden sleeve under clothing. Dogs can fixate on the suit. They know they're biting the suit and biting the suit becomes a game. A hidden sleeve tests to see if the dog will bite the man since the dog has no idea protective equipment is being used. The suit is enormous and goes on over top your clothing. Essentially you look like the stay puff marshmallow man, but the suit isn't white.

I wouldn't know about your dog's actions with guys in hoodies. It could be from training or it could be something your dog does naturally. A trained professional would have to evaluate your dog to know for sure. Sorry I couldn't add anything for you.

26 years old and most likely banned from both of Baltimore's pro sports stadiums for life. Well played, idiot.

Like they can enforce it. All he has to do is get a ticket from a friend and he is in. They will not recognize him. No worries, he'll strike again!

Like they can enforce it. All he has to do is get a ticket from a friend and he is in. They will not recognize him. No worries, he'll strike again!

I suppose, although that's a sorry way to go through life, having to sneak in and hoping you don't get caught.

Archived