McPhail left this morning

amateurfan

I find this to be very pathetic for a person in his position with the amt of work he has to do.

I don't. No one is productive for more than about 10 or 11 hours a day. Is there really something wrong with going to bed at 10. He very well could be a guy who is up working by 6AM. This IMO is simply a unfounded pop shot at a guy.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't. No one is productive for more than about 10 or 11 hours a day. Is there really something wrong with going to bed at 10. He very well could be a guy who is up working by 6AM. This IMO is simply a unfounded pop shot at a guy.

And some GMs aren't even productive for a single hour a day...;)

Got to disagree with you on this one sport. Our pre Jordan drafting is the #1 reason we suck.

A lot of truth in this...However, because we were a poor drafting team, we should have done more in the trade market to bring in the right young talent and, on top of that, we should have done a better job of getting more picks.

had we done a better job making the right trades and cheap pick ups, maybe we aren't losing picks and making bad decisions like signing baez.

It is a big cycle.

A lot of truth in this...However, because we were a poor drafting team, we should have done more in the trade market to bring in the right young talent and, on top of that, we should have done a better job of getting more picks.

had we done a better job making the right trades and cheap pick ups, maybe we aren't losing picks and making bad decisions like signing baez.

It is a big cycle.

We were to busy righting the book about "The Process"

Let's at least give McPhail the offseason before we put him down. I think he at least deserves that. These next couple of months and the potential trades we make are going to make or break this franchise.

The Mitchell Report finally came out. Now I believe McPhail will go to work. The bad news about Gibbons is behind us. Get to the phones.

That wasn't the Mitchell Report more bad news could be on the way. If anything we should be worried how the Commish will now handle the names in the Mitchell Report.

Unbeleiveable! Zero trades! I have a new nickname for Andy Mc: "Buttercup Baby", as in the 1969 song by The Fountains: "Why do you build me up Buttercup Baby, just to let me down". Unbelieveable!

And after last month's meeting, Buttercup said that he "batted 1.000"... with zero results. I don't get it.

MacPhail doesnt have much to work with with this team.

It doesnt make sense to make "FAIR" trades. We need lots of help.

He is holding out for someone to be desperate and OVER pay.

He still has time and there is always the trading deadline in July.

After the clever trade with the Cubs for Traschel. I am giving the man the benefit of the doubt.

It is a big cycle.

Nobody can argue that the team has done a good job on the trade front over the last 10 years. But it is very important to be dealing from strength. Look at Detroit. They acquired Cabrera and Willis because they had the bargaining chips to do it. Look at how we view the teams making offers for Bedard. The Mets desperately want him, but can't get him because their farm system just ain't that great. Meanwhile, the Dodgers could probably come up with 4 or 5 different combinations that would work for us and still leave them with a boatload of talent in the minors. But they aren't sure they want to, because their talent is so good that they might be better off just keeping it.

In the last 10 years, how many really good prospects have the Orioles traded away? Virtually none, and yet our top-tier talent in the minors is middle of the pack at best and the homegrown talent on the ML roster is minimal.

That wasn't the Mitchell Report more bad news could be on the way. If anything we should be worried how the Commish will now handle the names in the Mitchell Report.

I think the suspensions handed out today... and the lack of suspensions for Glaus and others... point to MLB being somewhat more reasonable about this than I expected. It seems that a certain level of evidence will be required, that only offenses which continued into 2005 will be punished, and that the punishment is set at 15 games for those they do come down on. It looks like we don't have to worry that people named without adequate proof will be punished anyway or that anyone will be suspended 50 games without a positive test.

Archived