McPhail left this morning

amateurfan

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an intriguing little tidbit from the link:

12:40 p.m., from Jerry Crasnick

• The Cubs are talking to former Pirates GM Dave Littlefield about joining the organization in an advisory capacity. Littlefield was fired by Pittsburgh this season and replaced by Neal Huntington.

Wrigleyville must be walking on air with this news.

How in the hell can you just leave????

Maybe he left Mike Flanagan down there to close some deals. :P

Seriously? Sometimes the best thing you can do in a negotiation is walk away from the table for a few days. I'd think you'd know that in your line of work.

I was under the impression that everybody leaves right after the Rule 5. I'm very disappointed that we didn't make a move down there, although I realize there is still plenty of time to make some moves. But lets not forget, I'm sure they are probably just a phone call away from being able to make a number of trades. Being on a plane for 3 hours probably won't change that. Now if MacPhail takes the day off tomorrow, that will be disappointing.

We always walk away.

Seriously, i hate this team. If they come back next year with basically the same team, i may just be done with them.

It is called the telephone. Most GMs left after the Rule V draft this morning. Is Theo Epstein a horrible GM because he left?

They laid important ground work that can come to fruition as soon as today.

We always walk away.

Seriously, i hate this team. If they come back next year with basically the same team, i may just be done with them.

The Orioles were one of 28 teams that did not make a significant move at the Winter Meetings. How about stepping back from the ledge and look at things rationally for once.

It is called the telephone. Most GMs left after the Rule V draft this morning. Is Theo Epstein a horrible GM because he left?

They laid important ground work that can come to fruition as soon as today.

Epstein is a good GM because he has a clue as to what he is doing.

I am not saying deals can't be made but it is ridiculous nothing got done.

It is obvious they have only concentrated on Bedard and Tejada while ignoring others on the team that should be shopped.

As long as things get done, its fine..If they don't, f this team.

I could understand the disappointment if 100 deals got done at the meetings but the Orioles didn't do anything. The fact is very few deals got done and only one real biggie. There are so many options still out there for these teams. It will all get sorted out in time and if we get to opening day and nothing's been done there will be plenty of time to complain.

Archived