R:O 3

BB: 5 * **

SO: 2

Pitches: 71 (37 Strikes, 34 Balls)

2012 ERA: 6.75

* Two hit batsman.

** One intentional walk

DANA BY INNINGS:

You know, considering that Eveland has made possibly the worst start for the 2012 Orioles since, well, Matusz, I'm amazed and astonished that he's ONLY given up three runs.

And yet Wei-yin Chen had a masterful game and gave up two, which is almost as bad as three.

Wow. Sometimes bad pitchers get lucky, and sometimes good pitchers get burned.

It's okay, guys, I'm sure Duquette saw something there when he acquired him. He can't be just another replacement level pitcher that we inexplicably went out and acquired for a non-zero cost.

I can't believe I was worrying for nothing, then. Crisis averted. :laughlol:

Am I the only one that wants him to stay in the game? I don't want Dana Eveland burning out this bullpen. Make him throw 125 then ship him back to Norfolk.

No. Eveland wants to stay in, too.

Seriously, so do I.

Am I the only one that wants him to stay in the game? I don't want Dana Eveland burning out this bullpen. Make him throw 125 then ship him back to Norfolk.

But that might only be one more inning of work.

That would be tantamount to conceding the game. Leave him in and the Rays are going to open up on him. 71 pitches and doing VERY poorly -- seems gassed, almost no command, 88 mph balls are just begging to hit the flag court.

You know, considering that Eveland has made possibly the worst start for the 2012 Orioles since, well, Matusz, I'm amazed and astonished that he's ONLY given up three runs.

And yet Wei-yin Chen had a masterful game and gave up two, which is almost as bad as three.

Wow. Sometimes bad pitchers get lucky, and sometimes good pitchers get burned.

UMMM Chen went 7.2 innings. How can you even compare?

Archived