R:O 3

BB: 6 * **

SO: 2

Pitches: 95 (51 Strikes, 44 Balls)

2012 ERA: 4.50

* Two hit batsman.

** One intentional walk

DANA BY INNINGS:

You can see how Eveland can be successful and you can see that he is very frustrated so I'm guessing his command tonight is unusually bad (Palmer keeps talking about the AAA too ML baseball change as a reason), but he is terrible tonight. Absolutely awful. Tampa is hitting terribly or this is already a blow out.

I'm surprised nobody else is seething about the forearm to Wieters' jaw. He took it, but that doesn't make it right.

Technically, he had a right to the plate but I wanted to watch it again before I commented. Wieters left foot was just in front of the plate so a slide could have been made. The forearm definitely looked like it was delivered with some extra.

I'm somewhat mixed about it though, as a slide into MW shin possibly causes an injury also. It looks worse than it is because MW is receiving the ball late and in a crouched position while the runner is coming in above him.

In the end I don't think it hurts to throw one high and tight to send a message that, "Hey, he's our guy. We didn't like that." There was a runner on last time he came up so don't know that was the best time to do it.

Archived