Arrieta on the Bubble?

wildcard

Jake is coming off two bad starts. His ERA is over 5 runs a game. He is facing a Nats team who's offense is ranked 14th out of 16 in the NL. Jake has to do well tonight. If he doesn't Eveland may be starting IMO.

Let's Go, Jake!!!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's a buddle?

bud?dle (bdl)

n.

An inclined trough in which crushed ore is washed with running water to flush away impurities.

So you are saying he is going to be tested and after his impurities have been exposed and washed away, we will see what we really have? Gold or fools gold?

Jake is coming off two bad starts. His ERA is over 5 runs a game. He is facing a Nats team who's offense is ranked 14th out of 16 in the NL. Jake has to do well tonight. If he doesn't Eveland may be starting IMO.

Let's Go, Jake!!!!!!

WHAT?! No chance. Jake could pitch like this for 3 more months before he'd be replaced by Eveland. Britton? Possibly. But I still have more faith in Jake on a weekly basis then I do Matusz and Hunter.

WHAT?! No chance. Jake could pitch like this for 3 more months before he'd be replaced by Eveland. Britton? Possibly. But I still have more faith in Jake on a weekly basis then I do Matusz and Hunter.

I do not have more faith in Arrieta then Matusz. With one I see progression, the other regression.

Unless there is some evidence that the Orioles are considering this, this is a pretty misleading thread title.

How is a question misleading?

I think it's a valid question to ask. Maybe not Eveland taking his spot, but maybe Britton in the future.

How is a question misleading?

I think it's a valid question to ask. Maybe not Eveland taking his spot, but maybe Britton in the future.

Usually when a thread title has a question mark following it, it indicates that there is some rumor or article that has been posted to support the title. In this case, I fully expected to see some post from Roch stating that Arrieta was close to losing his place in the rotation if he faltered in DC. This isn't the case, obviously.

Archived