BRob homered tonight!

Frobby

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BRob didn't play today. Could be that they rested him in a day game after a night game....or it could be that they are bringing him back to Baltimore for the Phillies series.

Thanks for getting my hopes up Frobby :)

BRob didn't play today. Could be that they rested him in a day game after a night game....or it could be that they are bringing him back to Baltimore for the Phillies series.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I'd be super excited to see it.

Sorry for the insanely SLOW reply to your post (workin for a livin and all). While I agree he would be stealing less and less given his age, I still think it's bizarre that for a rehab program that was so methodical in slowly adding non-baseball and baseball tasks over time, there wouldn't at some point be a need to evaluate his ability (and familiarity) with stealing bases. Perhaps that's part of the next steps in his remaining rehab assignment. I remember an interview not too long ago where Roberts himself said he wasn't sure how he would be sliding into bases going forward (not just stealing). Has anyone seen him sliding on his rehab assignment? I'm curious. Whether he's a version of his old self or similar to the real thing has yet to be determined by even Roberts. At some point sliding has got to be covered. His greatest tools in baseball involved his diving head first (stealing and defense). I'd find it pretty odd if the plan was to skip that one aspect of his rehab, since it's such an important part of what defined him as a player. And the most physically dangerous part of the baseball activities that could threaten a relapse of his injury. Just my 2 cents.

MASN showed a snippet of Roberts earlier this week. I noticed he took a feet first slide into second. I couldn't tell in what context the slide was made (steal attempt or ground out advancement). Plus they showed him fielding and hitting. I thought he looked pretty darn good. Difficult to tell just how good, but I was happy to see him hitting and sliding again.

Seriously thinking of making a trip to OPACY, when he's back with the team, just so I can be the one of many to welcome him back. :2yay-thumb:

Brian Roberts would be huge for this team.

In the 7 seasons he's had over 100 games, his worst OBP is .337 and worst # of runs scored is 85.

Take Andino, Brobs relacement at 2nd, and our usual lead off hitter, this season his OBP is .273 and he's on pace for 66 runs. Throw in Brobs base stealing abilities and better fielding(Andino is on pace for 21 errors, almost double what Brob did in his worst season)

Even if Brob is at 85% all season, he still gives us more than Andino does now.

That said, I still love Andino.

In the 7 seasons he's had over 100 games, his worst OBP is .337 and worst # of runs scored is 85.

Take Andino, Brobs relacement at 2nd, and our usual lead off hitter, this season his OBP is .273 and he's on pace for 66 runs. Throw in Brobs base stealing abilities and better fielding(Andino is on pace for 21 errors, almost double what Brob did in his worst season)

Andino is great, he's just very clearly overexposed, and that's not his fault.

I wouldn't make too much of Andino's errors. I doubt BRob will be an upgrade to Andino in terms of range or arm. He may make fewer errors but he'll make fewer plays.

As to OBP, yeah, I'm pretty sure BRob will be an upgrade there. But I'm not counting on .337 or higher, considering the added age and rust BRob has accumulated.

For me, it's more an emotional lift. A lot of people left him for dead. I think the team will get a huge boost from his presence.

I wouldn't make too much of Andino's errors. I doubt BRob will be an upgrade to Andino in terms of range or arm. He may make fewer errors but he'll make fewer plays.

As to OBP, yeah, I'm pretty sure BRob will be an upgrade there. But I'm not counting on .337 or higher, considering the added age and rust BRob has accumulated.

For me, it's more an emotional lift. A lot of people left him for dead. I think the team will get a huge boost from his presence.

Stands up...raises hand...:o

I didn't think he'd ever play again, but I'll be glad to see him out there when he returns.

Roch just said look for Roberts to come up before Britton, he will be up first. Said they are in no rush with Britton, could be a while even though he is completely healthy.

That was kind of obvious when the Orioles optioned Britton to the minors. I would bring Roberts up for the weekend if he is ready to go.

Archived