Marlon Byrd banned 50 games for PEDs

Migrant Redbird

ESPN: Marlon Byrd banned 50 games

Outfielder Marlon Byrd,... has tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs.

... Byrd was released by the Boston Red Sox earlier this month.

... Byrd admitted that [he] was the only player in baseball who still worked with Victor Conte. His Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative was at the center of the steroid scandal surrounding Barry Bonds, among others.

I wonder how many others there are who are still using PEDS and managing to get past the current tests?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=6212491

From Spring Training last year-

"I'm always going to watch what I take. I'm not going to say I have a bull's-eye on my back, but I think a lot of people are waiting for me to get my first positive test and miss 50 games. They'd like that just so they can say, 'We told you so.' I know that won't happen. I know I'm clean. I know the supplements I take are clean. I'm going to make sure of that."

We told you so.

ESPN: Marlon Byrd banned 50 games

Outfielder Marlon Byrd,... has tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs.

... Byrd was released by the Boston Red Sox earlier this month.

... Byrd admitted that [he] was the only player in baseball who still worked with Victor Conte. His Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative was at the center of the steroid scandal surrounding Barry Bonds, among others.

I wonder how many others there are who are still using PEDS and managing to get past the current tests?

In the heyday the reports I have heard were approaching 85%. Now? I would not suppose more than 20% get away with anything that really enhances performance. Unless they are blood doping, and then you know that that can be hidden ;)

Archived