Orioles are "going hard" after Zack Greinke

Greg

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want you to stop posting. But I think he will give up more than either you or I would deem prudent. So please go back and edit your post to reflect that I have asked you to stay no matter what.

Well if you deem it imprudent I reckon I will be up in arms over it.

If that's what it took to get Thome, then he shouldn't have accepted the trade and proceeded without him.

I think he felt the need of a left-handed anchor to the lineup for even a few weeks was worth what he gave up. And I am sure that the Phillies feel they got the better of the deal.

This. It isn't exactly a zero sum game, but you can't just wish for new resources either. They are somewhat finite.

Weams,

I understand what he would be doing. I can even appreciate it as a fan. I still don't think it is the best move if we give up too much. I've got an open mind.

And I agree. If he does not deal Bundy, Machado or Tillman, I would be ok with an imprudent attempt to end a winner for a change. Philosophically.

I mean, I got apoplectic over Eveland and Teagarden and Thome. I'm excited about the possibility of finding a new gear for my outrage.

I liked the Teagarden trade but I give a lot of weight to the Catcher position.

If they give up Schoop or Matusz for 2 months of Greinke I will be more annoyed then I was at the Hobgood pick and I was practically foaming at the mouth that night.

Yeh, I've got a feeling you're going to be in trouble with DD at times. He is clearly a bit of a gunslinger. I like that and think we need it because of the division we're in and the spot the franchise is in, but he is going to occasionally screw the pooch with his approach.

Speaking of wild and crazy guys in the AL East, anyone been following what Cashman's girlfriend is turning out to be? Wow. Now that guy is nuts.

Looking at whom the Orioles have trotted out at second base this season sure makes Schoop look like a long-term solution as well.

I understand your point, but I suspect DD has the confidence in his own abilities to think he'll be able to find a replacement.

Yeh, I've got a feeling you're going to be in trouble with DD at times. He is clearly a bit of a gunslinger. I like that and think we need it because of the division we're in and the spot the franchise is in, but he is going to occasionally screw the pooch with his approach.

I don't mind being a gunslinger. But odds are odds. Someone photoshop a photo of Dan Ackroyd into this:

imgbutch%2Bcassidy%2Band%2Bthe%2Bsundance%2Bkid1.jpg

I think he felt the need of a left-handed anchor to the lineup for even a few weeks was worth what he gave up. And I am sure that the Phillies feel they got the better of the deal.

I'm sure he felt that way because he made the deal. I can't understand how he can objectively look at this team and think it is in the best interests of the team (and I can only hope he isn't so shortsighted) to add Thome for pieces that could potentially help in the future when the current team needed a 3B, 2B, LF, and 3 SPs in order to be a complete team.

This. It isn't exactly a zero sum game, but you can't just wish for new resources either. They are somewhat finite.

Weams,

I understand what he would be doing. I can even appreciate it as a fan. I still don't think it is the best move if we give up too much. I've got an open mind.

What about the MASNCASHMONEY that they have been saving up ;)

If he trades anything of real worth for a rental of Greinke I'll stop posting. That's a wager that sounds like a threat. But I mean it. So, start rooting for a trade, folks.

I'm rooting for a trade, but I would rather you keep posting, even if a deal for Greinke gets completed by Duquette. Even though you occasionally put your foot up my ass, I think that your pros outweigh your cons.

Archived