Orioles are "going hard" after Zack Greinke

Greg

If DD actually manages to trade for Greinke and then sign him to a long-term deal, he would have basically been the first O's GM to somehow beat Angelos.

How would that be different than what AM did with Hardy last year? Other than the fact that it took a lot less to get Hardy. He was in his walk year and we signed him almost right away

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How would that be different than what AM did with Hardy last year? Other than the fact that it took a lot less to get Hardy. He was in his walk year and we signed him almost right away

I would be happy to trade Jim Hoey and Brett Jacobson for a half-season of Greinke.

I'm sure he felt that way because he made the deal. I can't understand how he can objectively look at this team and think it is in the best interests of the team (and I can only hope he isn't so shortsighted) to add Thome for pieces that could potentially help in the future when the current team needed a 3B, 2B, LF, and 3 SPs in order to be a complete team.

Duquette is a wartime Consigliere . He is not planning for the peace.

I would be happy to trade Jim Hoey and Brett Jacobson for a half-season of Greinke.

See that Andy MacPhail, he sure could wait 'em out couldn't he. Adam Jones broke the Bedard deal three weeks before Andy signed off on it. He wanted Tillman.

Haven't really thought aobut it until this thread, but I wonder how much of DD's go-for-broke perspective this year is based not on just breaking the 14 year losing streak, but on being able to say, "I came in here and in my first year I helped break the second longest losing streak in sports." I wonder if he's going to act with reckless abandon so that he can rehabilitate his own image in the game to the detriment of the team. I guess if that were the case he would have offered the bank to Fielder this offseason.

Time. Opportunity. Development.

That's going to change the vast majority of this team's talent? I think in two years the team will be the same, just two years older.

If we were going to be sellers we a) should never have signed Jones to an extension and b) should have started selling before this season even began. The window for this team (if it was ever open) is going to close sometime between 2014 and 2015.

That's going to change the vast majority of this team's talent? I think in two years the team will be the same, just two years older.

If we were going to be sellers we a) should never have signed Jones to an extension and b) should have started selling before this season even began. The window for this team (if it was ever open) is going to close sometime between 2014 and 2015.

Machado and Bundy are a significant upgrade in talent at a very low cost.

Haven't really thought aobut it until this thread, but I wonder how much of DD's go-for-broke perspective this year is based not on just breaking the 14 year losing streak, but on being able to say, "I came in here and in my first year I helped break the second longest losing streak in sports." I wonder if he's going to act with reckless abandon so that he can rehabilitate his own image in the game to the detriment of the team. I guess if that were the case he would have offered the bank to Fielder this offseason.

Well, I think he realizes that the game has changed and you can't win by clubbing the other team to death all the time. Pitching is where it's at, and the aces are hard to come by. If somehow they can lure Greinke and get him to stay here, and do it without a HUGE piece of talent going to Milwaukee, more power to him. This would help the rebuilding effort tremendously, assuming you have him for another 4 or 5 years when you think of Greinke, Bundy, and possibly Gausman being fixtures here for a nice, long run.

I don't think the opinion that Lino was nothing was a unanimous opinion. Plenty of people saw lots of upside in the 19-year-old catcher in full season A ball. That's not nothing.

Except there are suspicions within the organization, according to people here, that Lino might be old enough to drink in the state of Maryland, and not really a teenager.

Except there are suspicions within the organization, according to people here, that Lino might be old enough to drink in the state of Maryland, and not really a teenager.

Within the organization? Do you have a link to those posts?

Archived