Sports Illustrated power rankings

howboutthoseos

That's not true. The Orioles have lost 31 games by 1 to 4 runs, and 19 games by 5+. They've lost more games by three or fewer runs than by more than five. So... more often than not when they lose, they lose close games.

Yeah, the not so much was referencing typical loss type scores with occasional blow out. But with that said, how many games have the won by more than 5?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, the not so much was referencing typical loss type scores with occasional blow out. But with that said, how many games have the won by more than 5?

Also, we've lost 26 games by 4 or more runs, and 24 games by 1-3 runs. It depends on what your definition of "close" is. While losing by a score of 5-1 or 6-2 isn't exactly getting blown off the playing field, I (generally) wouldn't call those games close, either. Of course, a 2-1 game in the 8th inning that becomes 5-1 when the team in front tacks on 3 runs in the last inning would be an exception ...... I would call that a close game. But generally, I feel that 4-run games are not close.

150-204.

The O's are actually just 22nd in the league in record in blowouts. The Marlins are 3-18. The Indians are 10-20, would definitely be in the playoff hunt if their blowout record was .500.

But that one area is a 54 run differential (5 games?). Would be interesting to see how the other teams that are worse fair.

Highlight of the year.

First the clapping stops. 29 second mark Aceves priceless.

Can it get better, yes at the 41 second mark sawx fans realized their chowder is rotten.

Finally, Bobby V at the 1:08 mark, Benny Agbayani is not here to save the day.

Watch and enjoy Mauer's 3 run hr!:thumbsup1:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=23624511&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_23624511&v=3

If the red sox are 8th, then the twins must be the rulers of the universe.

Can't argue with that sentiment. I almost like it in a weird way though. It only makes it more laughable when the Sox end up missing out on the playoffs and everyone is so surprised.

Well, right this minute, you must be pretty darned happy. The Red Sox dropped the first 3 contests of a 4-game set to the Twins on their home field, and Minnesota is going for the sweep this afternoon. :laughlol:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/124202-The-Twins-Go-for-a-4-Game-Sweep-of-the-Red-Sox-Today?p=2850801#post2850801

Okay. To be fair, I guess random variation and dumb luck is "something."

When you look at the trend, the average, what usually happens, that's how you arrive at what is likely to happen correct? And that information is gathered over some period of time that you feel comfortable that it is a "real" likely outcome? So my question is this, like any stat that is compiled to formulate an average, in that compilation aren't there data point on both extremes of the average that make up part of the average? Obviously we know that's true. So, unless I am missing something, and perhaps you can help me if that's true, how do you know whether a specific set of events aren't part of those data points that are outside the norm? As Frobby put it, is the return to reality going to happen this half, or next season? We don't know, do we?

When you look at the trend, the average, what usually happens, that's how you arrive at what is likely to happen correct? And that information is gathered over some period of time that you feel comfortable that it is a "real" likely outcome? So my question is this, like any stat that is compiled to formulate an average, in that compilation aren't there data point on both extremes of the average that make up part of the average? Obviously we know that's true. So, unless I am missing something, and perhaps you can help me if that's true, how do you know whether a specific set of events aren't part of those data points that are outside the norm? As Frobby put it, is the return to reality going to happen this half, or next season? We don't know, do we?

TheArchitectMatrix.jpg

Archived