Must Gary Thorne be a doomsday prophet?

Old_Bay_Oriole

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess you prefer Jim Hunter and his orange-colored glasses. I don't mind an announcer who actually is objective about the team's flaws and doesn't try to spray a deoderizer on a pile of dung and pretend it isn't dung.

Not that you were asking me... but YES absolutely! I would, without a doubt want my team to have their TV play by play guy to speak confiidently about its palyers during a playoff run. This team needs to EXPEL all those who are unsure about its ability.

I dare you, dare you, to listen to Hawk Harelson for more than five minutes before you are begging for Throne, and some poison.

Listening to some other guys in baseball we are lucky to have him. They can't all be Vin Scully.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I dare you, dare you, to listen to Hawk Harelson for more than five minutes before you are begging for Throne, and some poison.

Listening to some other guys in baseball we are lucky to have him. They can't all be Vin Scully.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I'd rather stub my toe than get hit by a car. Doesn't mean I should like stubbing my toe.

After suffering through Hunter the past week or so, can't believe people are complaining about Thorne.

Different shades of the same crappy color. Thorne bothers us with his lack of any real baseball knowledge, mangling of baseball lingo, and inability to, you know, correctly announce the plays (whether it's messing up a curve and a fastball or making the mistake a good play-by-play guy doesn't make: mis-hyping a play).

Hunter's annoying because he tries to explain away issues in the team...I don't need "Stockholm Syndrome", I need "impartial observer".

Who here seriously want to listen to some homer announcing the game? Manfra on the radio and Hunter/Dempsey on MASN are shameful and proud of their lack of objectivity.

So if Butler had hit for the cycle you would be upset if Thorne had praised him? My goodness, I watch the Orioles because I love baseball, not because I enjoy being spoon-fed praise for my favorite team.

What annoys many about Thorne isn't his excitement for plays made by both teams, or his obsession over the players of both team. It's the inability to formulate a good and consistent play-by-play.

The rapport he has with Palmer is terrific and they're far and away the best MASN announcer combo. To complain about Thorne seems to imply you prefer the alternative, or else you're just unable to keep your opinion to yourself.

Archived