Redsox lose cool

duffaphonic

Like I said, I'm pretty sure that was "oh crap, I gotta go get tossed to back him up" ejection.

You're probably right. I think you risk losing credibility however when you get thrown out because you don't understand the rules of baseball. I don't know that the Red Sox can afford anymore credibility hits.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like I said, I'm pretty sure that was "oh crap, I gotta go get tossed to back him up" ejection.

I was thinking it was an "oh crap, the entire clubhouse hates me so I gotta go get tossed to back him up" ejection. It's rare you seen a manager with such an expression of resignation during the argument. I wouldn't be surprised if all he said to the ump was "please eject me so it looks like I'm one of the guys."

You're probably right. I think you risk losing credibility however when you get thrown out because you don't understand the rules of baseball. I don't know that the Red Sox can afford anymore credibility hits.

If I were him I'd just have argued about getting ejected from the dugout, or did the Gene Hackman Hoosiers thing where you just generically rant then go "kick me out."

This Sox team is plain loopy. If they all got on the train I was travelling on, I'd move to the next.carriage. They are in meltdown mode.

I am half expecting A.J to wear one between the numbers tonight. They be crazy!

I do, too. But that's more for steamrolling SaltHamAndBuntCake.

I do, too. But that's more for steamrolling SaltHamAndBuntCake.

SaltAndHamMunchies? :D

Napoleon is right... I almost expect a brawl tonight. And we will kick their pansy asses, and that will be the signature moment of our season that will push us towards the playoffs.

SaltAndHamMunchies? :D

Napoleon is right... I almost expect a brawl tonight. And we will kick their pansy asses, and that will be the signature moment of our season that will push us towards the playoffs.

There are some guys on this team I wouldn't want to piss off. I imagine Chris Davis would snap them in half. Then Gregg, Wieters, Reynolds and JJ can do some pounding of skulls.

There are some guys on this team I wouldn't want to piss off. I imagine Chris Davis would snap them in half. Then Gregg, Wieters, Reynolds and JJ can do some pounding of skulls.

Agree. I'd love to see what would follow if they doinked Davis. Problem is that I wouldn't want to lose any of our starters for 3-5 games.

Archived