Redsox lose cool

duffaphonic

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strop quick pitched Gonzalez. That's been going on forever. Remember Jim Kaat? The Redsox are losin it. Not only the game but everything.

AGon looked set and there were no baserunners. All good per Palmer who knows a little bit about pitching. No quick pitch.

Strop quick pitched Gonzalez. That's been going on forever. Remember Jim Kaat? The Redsox are losin it. Not only the game but everything.

A "quick pitch" is one where you quickly throw the ball when the batter is still getting set up in the box. Gonzalez was standing there ready.

You might get annoyed, but it's not illegal. I'm not quite sure what Gonzalez was complaining about.

MLBTV just broke it down and the Ump can call it if he wants to. The way I see it Gonzalez was in the box, in a position to hit, and was looking directly at the pitcher. He should have been ready.

MLBTV just broke it down and the Ump can call it if he wants to. The way I see it Gonzalez was in the box, in a position to hit, and was looking directly at the pitcher. He should have been ready.

Yeah the rules are a little wishy washy. Technically a "quick pitch" is balk or a ball. But the key is "deceiving the hitter before he is ready" which Strop really didn't do. He merely changed his delivery.

MLBTV just broke it down and the Ump can call it if he wants to. The way I see it, Gonzalez was in the box, in a position to hit, and was looking directly at the pitcher. He should have been ready.

Yes. Gonzalez was caught off guard. Something that you would NEVER see happen to Mike Hargrove when he was batting. .:laughlol:

Yeah the rules are a little wishy washy. Technically a "quick pitch" is balk or a ball. But the key is "decieving the runner before he is ready" which Strop really didn't do. He merely changed his delivery.

Kinda hard to deceive a runner when none are on base.

The rule's intent is to allow the batter to step into the box, do his little plate tapping routine, then settle into a stance. Gonzalez did all of that.

Archived