Redsox lose cool

duffaphonic

Holy smokes. See, that's what I never said. I've maintained that I can see how Gonzalez would think this out of frustration. For the record, even though what he did was within the rules of the game, I do think it toes the line of being bush league. Because I said so.

Kind of what an opinion is.

EDIT: Just wondering... if you were Adrian Gonzalez, and you were dealing with this hellish season, and that happened to you last night, would you say "aww, shucks" and tip your cap to Strop for a job well done, or would you get fired up and start hootin' and hollerin' and imply he was being a sneak?

Making excuses for failure isn't exactly new in sports these days, especially with all of the prima donna, self-entitled players around professional sports. (Do I have to write a thesis proving the existence of those types of players, or can we agree that they're around?)

Saying that you understand Agon's frustration at that moment due to the season the Sox are having is not in question.

You expressed an opinion that you feel Strop was being bush league, deceptive, tricky, and using a quick pitch but won't point out exactly what he did that makes you feel that way?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure the league office will atleast look into the rules, since its a Red Sox issue. What is in the water up in Boston that makes these guys such pansies? Gonzalez was the only Red Sox player I didn't hate. Of course, he does have that little hobbitt Dustin Pedroia in his ear. How long before the "die hard" Red Sox fans are burning their cute little pink hats in the streets?

Was just watching Mike and Mike replay...They asked Terry Francona what can be done in Boston..his reply.."" I didn't have the answer in September, and I don't have the answer now"..The problem is obvious, as is the solution. Its time to gut the team..haha love it!

I know I am late to the party and most things have been hashed out, though we haven't officially figured out if trickeration is a word. I think it was about a month ago, and I am not sure if it was Strop but I am almost certain it was GonzoII. There was a runner on first or second and they didn't come set and got a balk called on them. I had to rewind it several times, before I got the jist of the rule. But my point is, at that time Palmer went over the whole if there is a runner on it is a balk and if not it is fair game. I dont see this being a problem. I liked how with the next hitter he took an EXTRA long pause a couple of times, it is all about breaking the hitters rhythm and that is what he did. I see tonights game getting ugly, and this is when we all say we are sure glad we have Gregg because he is one of the few pitchers on our team that isnt afraid to throw at someone. Bring it on Boston!

Bobby V is just the type that would be desperate enough, to think a brawl would spark the team. Hopefully it doesn't hit Jones on the hand or wrist.

You almost have to feel sorry for BV. I mean his team is stabbing him in the back. He will figure if he hasnt already that coming back to manage this bunch of losers is not worht the headaches. I think this bunch of Joes are worse than the Yanks.

You almost have to feel sorry for BV. I mean his team is stabbing him in the back. He will figure if he hasnt already that coming back to manage this bunch of losers is not worht the headaches. I think this bunch of Joes are worse than the Yanks.

Oh I agree. I always thought Bobby V was overrated as a manager, but this is clearly on the players. Like Francona said, his voice quit carrying any weight with the players, and it seems Valentines never did. There a bunch of spoiled brats, that didn't get everything they wanted for Christmas. I can see Pedroia sitting on santas lap crying now lol.

And I definitely hate the red sox more than the yankees. Atleast the Yankees carry themselves with dignity. I respect Jeter, and I don't think he would allow this in the lockerroom. The red sox don't have that type of guy, that respects the game. That can be a leader and a voice of reason. I think we have that in Adam Jones, and Wieters.

I watched the post game on NESN last night and he looked and sounded like a beaten man.

Oh I agree. I always thought Bobby V was overrated as a manager, but this is clearly on the players. Like Francona said, his voice quit carrying any weight with the players, and it seems Valentines never did. There a bunch of spoiled brats, that didn't get everything they wanted for Christmas. I can see Pedroia sitting on santas lap crying now lol.

Valentine migth be the worst active manager in MLB, first of all. Second, It's guys like A Gon, Crawford, Beckett, and most importantly, Big Papi that are the problems on the team. Throw Lester, Bucholtz, and Youk in there, too. Pedrioa and Ellsburry should be the only two starts guys that stay, and the rest should be traded off. Middlebrooks and Lavarnway are probably a bit too young to be problems just yet. That team is going to get a lot worse before they get better.

I hate him as much as I hate Jeter, but Pedrioa is a ballplayer, and he should probably be their next captain for the same reason as DJ.

Saying that you understand Agon's frustration at that moment due to the season the Sox are having is not in question.

You expressed an opinion that you feel Strop was being bush league, deceptive, tricky, and using a quick pitch but won't point out exactly what he did that makes you feel that way?

Goodness! The man said IF he was AGon, he would understand.

Are you a female? I've never seen a man argue this much when he answered the question 20 times.

Valentine migth be the worst active manager in MLB, first of all. Second, It's guys like A Gon, Crawford, Beckett, and most importantly, Big Papi that are the problems on the team. Throw Lester, Bucholtz, and Youk in there, too. Pedrioa and Ellsburry should be the only two starts guys that stay, and the rest should be traded off. Middlebrooks and Lavarnway are probably a bit too young to be problems just yet. That team is going to get a lot worse before they get better.

I hate him as much as I hate Jeter, but Pedrioa is a ballplayer, and he should probably be their next captain for the same reason as DJ.

I don't see Pedroia as a captain. He's not in Jeters league. Derek Jeter would never go behind the managers back and whine. Pedroia is captain of the red Sox in ways...he's heading up the whine committee to ownership. A true team captain would see there's way more problems than just the manager.

Goodness! The man said IF he was AGon, he would understand.

Are you a female? I've never seen a man argue this much when he answered the question 20 times.

I had let it go. He came back and replied again after saying he was done with the discussion. That being said, what exactly did he answer 20 times? He said he understood why AGon would be frustrated and take his frustrations out in that situation. He didn't say why HE felt that Strop was being "bush league", "deceptive", "tricky", "using a quick pitch", etc.

I'm not trying to start a fight but he was the only coming in here and saying that he felt that way about Strop in that situation. I asked him what Strop did that made him feel that way. He just repeated what he felt about Strop as an answer.

If Strop throws a pitch down the middle of the plate and strikes a batter out and I then say that's bush league. If you ask me why I think that it's bush league, is saying, "Because it's bush league" and adequate answer to you?

But it's whatever...I'm obviously being unreasonable.

Archived