Redsox lose cool

duffaphonic

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had let it go. He came back and replied again after saying he was done with the discussion. That being said, what exactly did he answer 20 times? He said he understood why AGon would be frustrated and take his frustrations out in that situation. He didn't say why HE felt that Strop was being "bush league", "deceptive", "tricky", "using a quick pitch", etc.

I'm not trying to start a fight but he was the only coming in here and saying that he felt that way about Strop in that situation. I asked him what Strop did that made him feel that way. He just repeated what he felt about Strop as an answer.

If Strop throws a pitch down the middle of the plate and strikes a batter out and I then say that's bush league. If you ask me why I think that it's bush league, is saying, "Because it's bush league" and adequate answer to you?

But it's whatever...I'm obviously being unreasonable.

He said he understood why AGon felt that way. If a pitcher is throwing a perfect game with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th and his team up 10-0, and a player drag bunts, the pitcher may think it's "Bush League" even though it isn't against the rules. If a player is trying to hit for the cycle or going for a 4 homer game and the other manager intentionally walks him, it could be considered "Bush League" even though it's not against the rules.

Neither is wrong in the sense, but from a unwritten rule standpoint, it is. Like A-Rod yelling at a fielder after a pop up while running in front of him.

He said he understood why AGon felt that way. If a pitcher is throwing a perfect game with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th and his team up 10-0, and a player drag bunts, the pitcher may think it's "Bush League" even though it isn't against the rules. If a player is trying to hit for the cycle or going for a 4 homer game and the other manager intentionally walks him, it could be considered "Bush League" even though it's not against the rules.

Neither is wrong in the sense, but from a unwritten rule standpoint, it is. Like A-Rod yelling at a fielder after a pop up while running in front of him.

Or ARod walking across the pitching mound after getting out? I see were this is going, ARod is the problem with baseball!:rofl:

Just out of curiosity, do you think Jones running over the catcher to try and dislodge the ball bush league?

Batters stepping out of the box at the last minute disrupts the pitcher, and Red Sox hitter do that as much as anyone.

This could escalate tomorrow. Gonzalez was barking at Strop as he went into the clubhouse. Then Strop put a little extra into his fist pump after striking out the last batter of the inning.

Gonzalez should have stayed in a small market. His increased media presence has made sure everyone knows what a schmuck he is. He's a perfect fit for Beantown.

I think there's a pretty clear distinction between actions taken for spite (most of your first paragraph), and doing something that's legal, fairly common, and used in the course of a tightly contested game to gain an advantage.

What's your opinion of Bill Veeck's movable outfield screen? When Veeck owned the minor league Brewers, I believe in the 40s, one game he installed a screen that would be shifted into fair or foul territory based on whether the Brewers or the opponents were batting. Essentially, a mini-Green Monster would be in place when the Brewers were in the field, but a normal 6' fence would be there when they were up to bat. The next day the league changed the rulebook to make in-game field dimension changes illegal. Or so he claimed in his autobiography - actual evidence of this happening is scant. Anyway, I think this was brilliant. Others probably think it's bush league. But maybe bush league is alright when you're actually playing in a bush league...

I had let it go. He came back and replied again after saying he was done with the discussion. That being said, what exactly did he answer 20 times? He said he understood why AGon would be frustrated and take his frustrations out in that situation. He didn't say why HE felt that Strop was being "bush league", "deceptive", "tricky", "using a quick pitch", etc.

I'm not trying to start a fight but he was the only coming in here and saying that he felt that way about Strop in that situation. I asked him what Strop did that made him feel that way. He just repeated what he felt about Strop as an answer.

If Strop throws a pitch down the middle of the plate and strikes a batter out and I then say that's bush league. If you ask me why I think that it's bush league, is saying, "Because it's bush league" and adequate answer to you?

But it's whatever...I'm obviously being unreasonable.

BUT I ANSWERED YOU EVERY SINGLE F'ING TIME!!! YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE NOT GETTING THIS! I DON'T KNOW HOW ELSE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU ASK IT!!!!!

This is actually infuriating. Congrats, dude.

BUT I ANSWERED YOU EVERY SINGLE F'ING TIME!!! YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE NOT GETTING THIS! I DON'T KNOW HOW ELSE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU ASK IT!!!!!

This is actually infuriating. Congrats, dude.

Thread closed in 3....2....1.....?

Relax everyone. The Red Sox suck. We are good. New England is sad. Baltimore is happy. All is right in the world.

Archived