Who are we rooting for tonight?

isestrex

Update on Series:

-Oakland failed miserably in their attempt to look like a serious contender by losing 2 of 3 to the Yankees (one of them in horrific fashion). The Yankees still sit 1 game ahead of the Orioles with 10 more games for both teams left to play. Sadly, that was the last test for the Yankees as they face cream puffs the rest of the way.

-The Rays stormed back with their "too little too late" campaign by sweeping the Jays keeping them statistically hanging around at 3.5 games out of the WC

-The White Sox are doing their best to completely blow their playoff odds by getting swept in LA. They've lost 5 in a row and cling to a 1 game lead in the Central. On the flip side, the Angels now sit 2.5 games out of the wild card with a lot of Seattle coming up in their schedule.

-The Tigers failed to take full advantage of the reeling White Sox by losing a Sunday double header to Minnesota and only gaining 1 game on the Sox this weekend.

Upcoming Series:

MINNESOTA TWINS vs Yankees

Many posters have alluded to the Twins' opportunity to purge some old memories by potentially hurting the Yankees this week. The Twins have made the playoffs 4 times in the past 10 years and met the Yankees each time in the division series. The results were 3-0, 3-0, 3-1, 3-1. It would be huge if karma were to pick now to get even.

BOSTON RED SOX vs Rays

The suddenly hot Rays come into Boston for only a 2 game series to try and stay alive. With the Pawtucket team that currently occupies Fenway these days, it would be nice if they could just win one to split.

CHICAGO WHITE SOX vs Indians

Losers of 5 straight, the White Sox have little room for error. The Indians are 4-11 in their last 15 games and have lost 5 consecutive series. Winning at least 2 of 3 is a must for the Sox this week.

TEXAS RANGERS vs A's

Big 4 game series for the Athletics this week. They play the Rangers 7 times in their last 10 games and it starts today. The important factor is that the Rangers only have a 2 game lead for the #1 seed (best record) and they only have a 4 game lead over the A's in the west. The still open possibility for the A's to pass the Rangers in the division will ensure the Rangers will be actually trying to win these games. If only they'd bench Michael Young for Jurickson Profar....

SEATTLE MARINERS @ Angels

While the A's get the Rangers, the Angels get the Mariners in 6 of their last 9 games. Thankfully they'll see King Felix in both series. The Mariners just came off a small high in taking 2 of 3 from Texas without Hernandez... hopefully they can repeat it against the Angels with Felix matching up against Ervin Santana.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They play the As and Angels and could really save our season.

To me the Angels are the most dangerous team. They look unbeatable right now. But we have a 3.5 game lead. I think that should be just enough to hd them off as long as we win the Jays and Sox series. We dont have to sweep, just win.

Then the Rays have a very nice 4 game set against the white sox in chicago.

The Orioles would have to finish the season 5-3 or worse AND the Angels would have to win out to force a play in game.

The Os would have to finish 4-4 and the Rays winout (including sweep against us) to force a play in game.

Considering the ramaining schedule of both of those teams, i think the Os are in prime position to get the WC despite todays loss. I really dont see the angels sweeping the rangers and the rays sweeping a 4 game seriea in chicago.

So i guess my final point is that .500 ball from here on out most likely gets it done and allows us to see Markakis play again this year. So lets get the win tomorrow and drastically increase our odd

So you are saying that we need help to stay in the Wild Card? Pretty sure everyone is overreacting. Yes we should have won, but it isnt over with our 8 left and Yankees 9 left. How about the 1 game at a time?

Everybody needs a little help. You think yankee fans are estatic that we have to face the rays? 3.5 game lead can be erased quickly. But most of my post was spent suggesting that it would take an incredibly improbable finish for the rays and angels for thwm to overtake us

Everybody needs a little help. You think yankee fans are estatic that we have to face the rays? 3.5 game lead can be erased quickly. But most of my post was spent suggesting that it would take an incredibly improbable finish for the rays and angels for thwm to overtake us

Title of your thread clearly says We need to be HUGE ranger and White Sox fans right now. My point was it hasnt come down to that. We are both O's fans, and I have some hope, and you are on the fence on where we are. It would take 5 wins with us losing 4 and having a day off to erase things. You are right, we need to go .500 and let's do better than that.

I am rooting for the A's this series. We can still win the division and are only 2.5 back of the Rangers for best record in the AL. The number one seed is still in play.

Interesting take... I'm not that gutsy, I'll still be rooting for the Rangers.

Archived