vs. WHITE SOX 8/29

OFFNY

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll say this, and I may end up wrong, but I'll say this anyway.

The Orioles had a nice mojo with Steve Johnson and Britton and Gonzo following Chen and Tillman.

Just because a guy is a veteran and a lefty doesnt mean he should supplant anyone of the back three.

Steve Johnson may end up a very average pitcher, but the fact is when called upon he ALWAYS delivered.

Why mess up a good thing? If it aint broke, dont fix it and any other cliche youd like.

I was against the Saunders acquisition and still am. I have even less enthusiasm for Randy Wolf.

I just hope the FO doesnt regret these unnecessary moves, but then, as always, they know baseball better than me..and have their reasons.

I'll just remain a skeptic.

We need EVERY win.

Almost exactly my sentiments.:mad:

3 hits in the inning for CHW. 3 hits in the game for the O's against a bum pitcher. Although about half were soft hit balls by CHW. Maybe we'll get some dinks like they've gotten...

And of course Jones doesn't swing at a fastball right down the middle, but swings at 2 breaking balls that are balls. He's pathetic and so is Wieters. Can't stand them 2 hitting.

Bloops or no bloops, he didnt get the job done. Unacceptable.

He would have needed to throw a shutout to have a shot. What's unacceptable is this offense. AJ isn't a #4 hitter. Unfortunately, DD has focused on getting mediocre pitchers, instead of improving a stagnet offense.

No argument there, but the truth is a win tonight wouldve put the Orioles just 2 and a half back and we faced a rookie pitcher and we had all the momentum. Now it looks like the wind is out of our

sails. This was not a good confidence builder.I'll take a split, but we had a chance at a sweep..and to paraphrase"and we let em off the hook".

We have as good a chance to win tomorrow, as the White Sox do.

Unless the offense scores at least 2 or 3 runs in the bottom half of this inning, I would like to see Gregg pitch the 8th inning, also. And if we're still down by 6 or more runs after that, I want him to pitch the 9th inning, also.

Of course. White sox have about 6 hits that are bloops then Davis hits one 400 feet but it stays in the ballpark. Ugh I'm not even pissed that they're losing, it's how they're losing. Pitchers keep giving up hits with RISP, we can't hit with RISP or really at all, bad defense, Jones still looking like a fool and not learning from his mistakes, Wieters falling further and further away from .240 and turning out to be a well below average offensive catcher, let alone player...

And Gregg coming in and blowing open the game even more. He should never pitch in games where the score difference is +/- 5. He's awful. Can't stand him. Have Ayala or O'Day pitch instead, they haven't thrown in a few days.

Unless the offense scores at least 2 or 3 runs in the bottom half of this inning, I would like to see Gregg pitch the 8th inning, also. And if we're still down by 6 or more runs after that, I want him to pitch the 9th inning, also.

We can use it as an excuse to say he got "hurt".

Archived