Ok, we need to talk about Keith Law...

The Epic

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw

Hater "@cwyers: anything can happen between now and the end of the season, but I think the Yankees are a better team than the Orioles."

I'm not sure that qualifies as "hating." The fact that he even qualifies his assertion with "I think" shows his confidence on the issue has been shaken a little. That's a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Irrelevant. The Orioles beat the healthy Yankees lineup. They beat the Tigers, they beat the White Sox, etc. Law is a dip**** with a chip on his shoulder.

Why don't they mention that we haven't had our starting LF or 2B for almost the entire year. What about our injury plagued starting pitching?

I guess I just don't understand why so many people pay attention to the guy. I give him credit for creating a persona that so many people apparently "love to hate." I mean, some of you quote every last thing he tweets about the Orioles or the AL East. Who cares? He can have any opinion he wants. I wouldn't care if he said the Orioles were the best thing since sliced bread or the worse thing since Hitler, I really could not care less about what Law has to say. He's arrogant, snotty, and just not entertaining to read or listen to. I mean, I just don't get why some of you follow him or care what he has to say.

He doesn't matter and the majority of real baseball professionals I know think he's a clown. The question now becomes, "Why do you care about him?"

I'm not sure that qualifies as "hating." The fact that he even qualifies his assertion with "I think" shows his confidence on the issue has been shaken a little. That's a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

Someone other than Law said that, and he called them a hater, mocking everyone calling him a hater for not respecting the O's.

Law seems very bitter and resentful, but I think it has more to do with personal issues than the O's. I wonder how he makes most of his money. Perhaps being intentionally abrasive, like the "mad dog", helps put money in his purse.

He and Leo should have a drink some time.

Why don't they mention that we haven't had our starting LF or 2B for almost the entire year. What about our injury plagued starting pitching?

Because they have guys like Arod, Granderson, Gardner, Sabbathia, etc and nobody knows who any of our players are. So suddenly they don't count in the injury discussion.

He doesn't matter and the majority of real baseball professionals I know think he's a clown. The question now becomes, "Why do you care about him?"

What you said in the first sentence. That's the whole purpose of the lot of them. They don't have big red noses and paint their faces, but being a clown (stirring up the audience by acting goofy) is what they're paid to do. Most of television is electronic vaudeville anyway. The people who want serious baseball analysis know they're probably not going to get it on TV.

The real problem is when the clowns can't separate their on-camera and off-camera personalities.

Archived