SI AL East Hot Stove Report

Hooded Viper

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I guess Buck doesn't deserve to even be in the conversation, for manager of the year. Since obviously, all he did was sprinkle the players with magic fairy dust, before each game...well, before 93 of them atleast.

Buck did a lot of things right. But then again, he wasn't exactly an idiot last year when mostly the same team won 69 games.

Buck did a lot of things right. But then again, he wasn't exactly an idiot last year when mostly the same team won 69 games.

True. But, isn't improving what we expect a team to do? Isn't that why Buck was hired? Then when it does, it's tossed out as luck. I agree it wasn't supposed to be as good as it was, and I don't expect it to happen again without improvements. All i'm saying is, I don't think it's fair to disregard what the Orioles did in 2012 as solely luck. And that's what it seems a lot in the media are doing. I'm not arguing the Orioles are a sho-in to repeat in 2013.

True. But, isn't improving what we expect a team to do? Isn't that why Buck was hired? Then when it does, it's tossed out as luck. I agree it wasn't supposed to be as good as it was, and I don't expect it to happen again without improvements. All i'm saying is, I don't think it's fair to disregard what the Orioles did in 2012 as solely luck. And that's what it seems a lot in the media are doing. I'm not arguing the Orioles are a sho-in to repeat in 2013.

As much as we'd like to ascribe direct, rational causes and effects to all events in our lives, sometimes stuff just happens.

As much as we'd like to ascribe direct, rational causes and effects to all events in our lives, sometimes stuff just happens.

I for one, believe that everything in life happens to us for a reason. But, that goes into relious views that i'm not going to get into to here, for various reasons.

Yes, I'd argue that he looked like he was. Anyone with a sub .300 OBP is pretty overmatched in my book.

Small sample-size n00b.

And he would have been on pace for more than 20 Hr's. I'll take that from a 19-20 yr old that started the year in AA. It's only gonna get better from here now that he's got a taste of the bigs...

Small sample-size n00b.

And he would have been on pace for more than 20 Hr's. I'll take that from a 19-20 yr old that started the year in AA. It's only gonna get better from here now that he's got a taste of the bigs...

No argument with any of that, Sally.

Archived