Josh Hamilton market update - 3 years $60-75 million

TradeAngelos

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm

Rangers were never given a chance to match the contract offer the Angels made to Josh Hamilton....#ArteMoreno knows how to close deals

Tsk tsk, Josh did not fulfill his word it seems.

I think it was probably lip service from the Rangers anyway. I don't think they wanted him back.

Rangers were never given a chance to match the contract offer the Angels made to Josh Hamilton....#ArteMoreno knows how to close deals

When the other team offers $30-40 million more there probably isn't much to talk about.

Well I said i'd be willing to go 5/125 all along. 4/100 would have gotten it done weeks ago probably. Oh well. I knew once McLouth was signed the Hamilton train had passed.

Not it wouldn't. And you would have had to significantly beat the 5/125 for him to go to us and not LA.

Well, if the Rangers said their max was 4 years, why bother going back with a 5 year offer.

5/125 what a great deal for the Angels!

If by "great" you mean terrible, then yes, indeed, it was a great deal.

They just paid $125M for a guy who can't stay on the field, and who quits on his team when the going gets rough. Have fun with that, LA.

I wonder if the the Orioles given a chance to match the offer?!?!?! :)

Actually what he is getting is the number I said was my max. (said I would go to $130 million if I had to)

Go look it up.

Thanks for playing.

You said max 6 years, max $20-$21 million a year. 6/$126 is not more than 5/$125. I did look it up. That is why I cited the thread. If you want to cite the post where you contradicted yourself, feel free.

5/125 is the contract...didn't think he'd get that.

That is exactly what I would have given him. I think it is a fair contract for him. This signing also automatically makes Pujols a better player. Great signing for the Angels and I hope they beat the crap out of everyone in our division except us. For some strange reason we own the Angels next year and face them in the ALCS.

Archived