Ongoing lineup thread for 2013

Aglets

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IDK, is Cesar Izturis available to DH?

Let's take a player and use his worst attribute and eliminate his best one.

O'Day, you're catching. Matt, you're on the mound tonight.

Actually, if we have a lead entering the final inning, I wouldn't be opposed to Wieters closing tonight.

IDK, is Cesar Izturis available to DH?

Let's take a player and use his worst attribute and eliminate his best one.

O'Day, you're catching. Matt, you're on the mound tonight.

Actually, if we have a lead entering the final inning, I wouldn't be opposed to Wieters closing tonight.
But, wait, we still have Crush who has pitched before. :)

Yeah, the options that we have to close games for us are endless.

In any case, I wouldn't necessarily having pitching under the "worst attributes" category for either Wieters or Davis.

Well, it MAY BE their worst baseball attribute, but they aren't too shabby at it, even considering the fact that the highest level of competition that Wieters has pitched at was Division-I college when he was at Georgia Tech, and that Davis only has 2 innings of experience of it in his entire major league career.

But, wait, we still have Crush who has pitched before. :)
2007 (pitching): Made 12 pitching appearances on the season, earning a win and three saves ... Picked up a win in hie first appearance against Kennesaw State (2/13), holding the Owls to two hits while striking out four in two innings of work ... Earned a save in his next appearance by tossing 1.1 innings against Illinois-Chicago (2/18) ... Collected his second save of the year by tossing a scoreless ninth inning against Rutgers (3/3) ... Entered with the bases loaded against Georgia Southern (3/28) and struck out the Eagles' top hitter to help preserve a four-run lead in the seventh inning ... Tossed a 1-2-3 ninth inning against Wofford (4/3) to earn his third save of the season ... Started the first game of his career at Georgia (5/9), but did not figure into the decision after the Bulldogs mounted a comeback in the eighth inning.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/wieters_matt00.html

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (vs. ATHLETICS, 8/25)

Nate McLouth - LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Chris Davis - 1B

Adam Jones - CF

Matt Wieters - C

Nick Markakis - RF

J.J. Hardy - SS

Ryan Flaherty - 2B

Brian Roberts - DH

Scott Feldman - RHP (10-9, 3.94 ERA)

[3-3, 4.84 ERA] (ORIOLES) OO [7-6, 3.46 ERA] (CUBS)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Sonny Gray - RHP (1-1, 1.44 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Archived