Ongoing lineup thread for 2013

Aglets

I agree. Championship teams simply do not do these things.

Championship teams make all kinds of irrational decisions regarding veterans.

...I'd include facts in my argument but I don't feel compelled to do so since I didn't see any from you.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although Felix Doubront has a good E.R.A. of 3.79, his W.H.I.P. (1.400) is rather high, as is his walk rate ...... he has walked 58 batters in 140 innings pitched, for an average of a walk every 2.41 innings.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (vs. RED SOX, 8/27)

Brian Roberts - 2B

Manny Machado - 3B

Chris Davis - 1B

Adam Jones - CF

Nick Markakis - RF

Matthew Wieters - C

J.J. Hardy - SS

Danny Valencia - DH

Steve Pearce - LF

Wei-Yin Chen - LHP (7-6, 3.19 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Felix Doubront - LHP (9-6, 3.79 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Although Felix Doubront has a good E.R.A. of 3.79, his W.H.I.P. (1.400) is rather high, as is his walk rate ...... he has walked 58 batters in 140 innings pitched, for an average of a walk every 2.41 innings.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (vs. RED SOX, 8/27)

Brian Roberts - 2B

Manny Machado - 3B

Chris Davis - 1B

Adam Jones - CF

Nick Markakis - RF

Matthew Wieters - C

J.J. Hardy - SS

Danny Valencia - DH

Steve Pearce - LF

Wei-Yin Chen - LHP (7-6, 3.19 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Felix Doubront - LHP (9-6, 3.79 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

With Pearce and Valencia in to face the southpaw, and McLouth and Flaherty out, Roberts has moved from the bottom of the lineup to the top for tonight's contest.

With Pearce and Valencia in to face the southpaw, and McLouth and Flaherty out, Roberts has moved from the bottom of the lineup to the top for tonight's contest.

Interesting that Nick is batting 5th. Would much rather see Hardy there against the lefty, despite Nick's recent 2B and HR.

Off day on the Monday probably helped his decision. Doubt we would have see Wiet had we had a game on Monday.

I would have taken Wieters out of last night's game after it was 11-2 in the 5th (6th?). Could have rested him for 3 innings in a game that was well out of hand.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> lineup vs Boston: Mclouth 7 Machado 5 jones 8 Davis 3 Wieters 2 hardy 6 Markakis 9 Valencia DH Roberts 4. Tillman RHP</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">August 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

About time Buck let's Nate play vs a leftie.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" title="Embedded Tweet" style="display: block; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px;" width="500" height="207"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

About time Buck let's Nate play vs a leftie.

Not based on past history, he is 0 for 4 against him this year.

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Archived