Lew Ford, 2013

OFFNY

• 3 weeks later...
He always hits homeruns in the minors. Since when is that new? Then he comes up and bats .100.

You're distorting things a bit here and forgetting some choice stats. I'm not going to defend Lew's 2012 slash line--even though his OPS was better than the current OPS of four O's position players (Pearce, Hardy, Casilla, Flaherty)--but do want to point out the following:

(1) Lew's 3 homers in 71 ABs with the Orioles is, in fact, about the same pace that he hit homers in AAA last year (one every 23.7 ABs vs. every 22 ABs)--Lew Ford hits home runs in the majors, too;

(2) He helped stabilize our very shaky LF defense (don't forget that we had Tolleson, Flaherty, and Betemit taking turns out there for a while);

(3) He went 3 for 8 in the playoffs against the Y's, when most of the rest of the lineup went into a tailspin.

This photo is from game 4 of last year's ALDS, in Yankee Stadium:

a>

• Upvote 2

You're distorting things a bit here and forgetting some choice stats. I'm not going to defend Lew's 2012 slash line--even though his OPS was better than the current OPS of four O's position players (Pearce, Hardy, Casilla, Flaherty)--but do want to point out the following:

(1) Lew's 3 homers in 71 ABs with the Orioles is, in fact, about the same pace that he hit homers in AAA last year (one every 23.7 ABs vs. every 22 ABs)--Lew Ford hits home runs in the majors, too;

(2) He helped stabilize our very shaky LF defense (don't forget that we had Tolleson, Flaherty, and Betemit taking turns out there for a while);

(3) He went 3 for 8 in the playoffs against the Y's, when most of the rest of the lineup went into a tailspin.

This photo is from game 4 of last year's ALDS, in Yankee Stadium:

a>

What He Said! :)

That said O's brass and Buck have to look at the younger, longer term folks now while things are still in the "developmental stage." :scratchchinhmm::scratchchinhmm:

Look for Lew in Aug again to stabilize and bring energy/(and laughs) to the team. Good solder. Ready in a moments notice if needed. :2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb::clap3::clap3: I can't wait! :D:D

What He Said! :)

That said O's brass and Buck have to look at the younger, longer term folks now while things are still in the "developmental stage." :scratchchinhmm::scratchchinhmm:

Look for Lew in Aug again to stabilize and bring energy/(and laughs) to the team. Good solder. Ready in a moments notice if needed. :2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb::clap3::clap3: I can't wait! :D:D

Enough Bob!!!

The guy's a cancer. A growth that needs to be cut out! I rue the day I heard Lew Ford was becoming an Oriole. :angryfire:

I want him gone gone gone!!!!

• 7 years later...