Jim Johnson Today, 2013

OFFNY

Then they should be playing match-up's instead of praying for saves and/or rain.

Yep, and that Koji looks like a bad signing, huh? And at a couple million less than Johnson where are all the people that said he couldn't pitch three to four times a week?

Maybe Johnson develops a mystery injury and we get games closed by committee.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Not to mention routine Cedric Mullins fly balls.  
    • And that may very well become the case. But I'm just hoping that Soto becomes a good option for us. I dont wish any ill will on guys we trade away- if they become MLB studs, itll hurt, but so be it thats how trades work sometimes. A win/win trade is nothing to be upset about, so lets hope Soto can be a win.
    • It's difficult.   It's a real strength to stick to what you believe is a right decision even when everything is pointing the wrong way.   And it's a real strength to change your set in stone mind when data shows you might have been wrong.   Problem is knowing when to use which strength.  😉 hindsight is always 20/20, and a game of failure,  like baseball,  it's going to be hard to usually be right,  much less be right a majority of the time.   Fans,  myself definitely included,  can sway in the wind,  each game can really alter our thoughts and perception.  I want my GM to be more stable that the average fan,  myself included.   But at the same time,  there comes a point where even an idiot like me can see a change is needed,  and if I can see it, surely Elias/Hyde should see it too.  But it's all part of the chore/duty placed on leadership/management.  As the saying goes,  heavy is the head that wears the crown.  They get the glory when their decisions work out, and they get the blame when it doesn't.   That comes with the job. 
    • Kinda unrelated but apparently Verdugo is allergic to his own tattoos and also his batting gloves https://www.foxnews.com/sports/yankees-alex-verdugo-allergic-his-own-tattoos-report
    • Shame he's pitching like a #8.
    • Is there a way to sticky a post within a thread? Because this could be used to respond to dozens of comments about what the FO was thinking with this one.  Rogers was acquired as a mid to back end SP, to address a need for arms now and with hope to help him rebound to the higher end of that range over those years of control. As usual, whether you agree with them or not, Elias stated his intentions clear as day. 
  • Popular Contributors