Jim Johnson Today, 2013

OFFNY

Who else there? Hunter, Krod the guy he didn't trust on Tuesday?

ANYONE else. ANYONE!

JJ versus Yankees is the worst of the worst. JJ in a tied game versus the Yankees? Are you kidding me???

Everyone in MLB thinks JJ is a joke. Yet people on this board still support bringing him in.

I am sure he is a great guy but he destroyed our season. One man. So yes...you bring in AnYONE else.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While there a lot of underachievers with the game on the line, Jim Johnson will single handedly cost this team the playoffs.

He really has. I said it before, I can't think of any one particular player in any sport who singlehandedly cost their team a playoff spot if they had just performed at league average. AVERAGE. Has any one closer sucked this hard before? He's entering DeJean/Kline territory.

So we lose 6-5 and you're blaming JJ for the loss by giving up one of the 6 runs?

He gave up a hard single to a .195 hitter.

He botched a basic throw to second base.

He wild pitched in a run.

So, yeah. If he hadn't had about a dozen similar innings in critical situations this year, we'd be sitting here saying, darn Jim, well, you can't be perfect, go get 'em next time, we're still 4 games up for the #1 wild card and just a couple games back of Boston.

But he has been absolutely horrible with the game on the line too many times to count this year.

I don't like to be negative about the O's but DAMN. JJ = LEAST Valuable Player EVER.

Base hit to worst hitter in the major leagues, error fielding bunt (which should have gotten the lead runner), wild pitch in the run to lose the game. Just terrible. Literally threw the season away. 49 HR by Chris Davis completely wasted.

So we lose 6-5 and you're blaming JJ for the loss by giving up one of the 6 runs?

Did you see the inning? He can't get Brendan Ryan out who hits like a pitcher, throws a ball into CF and then throws a changeup that a an aircraft carrier wouldn't of blocked. He took the momentum away. He lost the game in the 9th. We fight back and get that performance? He hasn't gotten the job done this year. It doesn't make me feel good to say it, I like him and I think he will be the closer next year.

ANYONE else. ANYONE!

JJ versus Yankees is the worst of the worst. JJ in a tied game versus the Yankees? Are you kidding me???

Everyone in MLB thinks JJ is a joke. Yet people on this board still support bringing him in.

I am sure he is a great guy but he destroyed our season. One man. So yes...you bring in AnYONE else.

Our whole pen sucks right now.

There is no way to spin it,the Yankees would be looking up at us if not for Jim Johnson.

Including tonight,he has cost us so many games we had in the bag.

Say what you will about Mo,but when he loses,he takes full responsblity for the loss.

Jim Johnson and his fans need to do the same.

The play that Johnson blew on the throw to second base might have even been a double play.

The runner going to second base was out by a mile, and we might have even gotten the batter, as well.

You are right. I take zero pleasure in knocking JJ, very likeable guy but let's be honest he has had a horrible season. He came up small this year, doesn't mean he will do it next year.

Archived