vs. RED SOX, 4/08 (Fenway Park Opener)

OFFNY

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just really disappointing. 3 games in a row now where we really just hand the game away. Pretty much all due to situational hitting. The opposing teams are getting clutch hits. The O's are not.

Nothing clutch about the misplays in the field by us that lead to the Twins winning the last two games.

Nava's a switch hitter.

You have a point there. In a SSS, Nava's OPS against RHP is .776 (383 plate appearances), against LHP is .621 (131 PAs). I guess Buck wanted to keep Nava batting from his weak side--but why not have Patton or Matusz ready to come in then? (McFarland pitched yesterday.)

Yeah Buck lost that one come on you have to score to even have a chance to win a game. Chen was pitching well going into the inning. Dustin got an infield hit and Nappoli has been hot and just reached out on one and barely hit the wall. Even if he takes out Chen after that the reliever would have to get the next three to k or pop out or we are down. DD has done a good job by adding a lot of depth at reliever but i am not sure about adding major league depth on the offesnse side especially with a few guys like BROB and Nolan that have bben hurt lot lately. He as added depth but i think most of it is AAAA depth and not major league depth. Ryan maybe a good player but there should be no reason he is in the majors this early on. He struggled last year with off speed stuff and has the same problem this season.

Nothing clutch about the misplays in the field by us that lead to the Twins winning the last two games.

Ehh true. But point being, those last 2 games were very winnable, fielding miscues aside, but the offense couldn't get big hits when needed.

He actually had a lot of support on here all winter...it seemed like no one was in favor of obtaining or trading for any of the possible bats. They didn't want to spend the $$ or give up any of the stockpile of mediocre pitchers.

Archived