Erik Bedard, 2013

sfosfan

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=407853#gameType='R'&sectionType=career&statType=2&season=2013&level='ALL'

Another nice line yesterday:

Houston IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

Bedard 4.0 1 0 0 2 3 0 0.00

He's 34, so who knows how many Erik is going to get, but I love Houston for taking a chance on him. It's early no doubt, but if Erik keeps this up it will be hard to NOT give him comeback player of the year award.

On another note, Erik's 2007 season was simply awesome. Does anyone see a Baltimore pitcher who could duplicate that now or in the immediate future (aka, Bundy, Gausman? I'd like to say yes, but I can't.

sfosfan

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the 4/9 Mariners-Astros game and the reason why Bedard was pulled after the 4th inning was because he was on a pitch count of 65 and used 66 pitches through 4 so they didn't send him back out for the 5th. He only pitched 6 innings during spring training due to an injury so they hadn't stretched him out yet. Also, the Mariners pitchers gave up 13 runs in the first 4 innings so Bedard was waiting on the bench for quite a while between innings. Here's some video I took of Bedard warming up in the bullpen before the game. Skip to 3:20 if you want to hear a Mariners fan complain about the Bedard for 5 players trade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUwSHlCl9XA

Bedard is like a porcupine...........way to *****ly to love.

Ask Jeremy Conn from 105.7 what he thinks of Bedard. :D

Bedard remains the only guy I knew pretty well in the minor leagues ever "big League" me in the locker room. I'd be lying if I said I'm rooting for him.

Bedard remains the only guy I knew pretty well in the minor leagues ever "big League" me in the locker room. I'd be lying if I said I'm rooting for him.

This seems to be the common perception of Bedard. As for me, I always enjoyed watching him pitch, but he always seemed like a "feminine wash product" to me!

Forgive my ignorance, were you a player?

Archived