5/20 vs. Yankees

PaulFolk

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the new wave, spider milk shakes. The real hardcore dudes are already drinking them. In 10 years they'll be mainstream, the cast of Rio Shore will be saying "Eu shakes sao plataforma legal aranha!!!"

You didn't hear this from me but the word is MLB investigators found ten orb weaver carcasses in Ryan Braun's trash.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Always means he's hit 100 once and 90 once. His 162 game average is 94 but he plays around 150.  
    • I like that. I would like it even more if Burnes was part of it. Never know when Rodriguez could suffer another injury with how violent his delivery is.
    • Put me in the I don't want Elias going anywhere camp. Not every deal will work out which should be obvious. We haven't seen how he'll operate with a full budget yet and one thing that we absolutely know is that the man can draft and keep talent coming through the pipeline. Letting him walk would be a huge mistake IMO. We haven't even seen his draftees hit their peak yet which should be better that what we're currently seeing. 
    • He's always been around 100 RBIs per season, one of the few guys who could actually extend an At Bat and win during a tough battle with a pitcher, key hits, and if it wasn't for Santander then the Orioles would have lost several more games than they did. Santander's timely hits/home runs won them a few games. You can Box Score Bobby his stat line, but there are some thing just pulling up the box score doesn't show you. He's been pretty under rated as a fielder in RF at Camden Yards too. It's obvious he knows the dimensions with the grounds crew garage better than any active player right now. He's certainly a much better fielder and hitter than Kjerstad is. Kjerstad could become just as good of a hitter but how long is that going to take, and how many runs will it cost the Orioles because he's not that good on defense?
    • You add one number 1 or 2 type starter  so you have Efflin, Free agent, Rodriguez, Kremer and then you have a competition with Suarez, Povich, McDermott, Young Rogers and maybe another minor league guy.   I think some people are gonna have a 32 man roster with signing 2 starters, 2 bullpen guys, a middle of order bat then a right handed outfielder.  
    • I've seen you say this Bregman thing before, and I'm curious what makes you think that beyond the obvious Houston connection.  Bregman is an awful fit for us - we already have a third baseman for one (arguably 2, but that depends on how anyone feels about Mayo at third - plus Urias either way though), and he's a RH hitter in a ballpark that would be terrible for him.  Plus the injury concerns.  I don't get it.
    • Then why even have a farm system if you never going to let your young guys get a chance to make the team.  Povich, McDermott, Young should all be all be traded if you just keep signing starters.  You have to give them a chance to learn and adjust at the major league level.  You want options at that spot to give those guys chances not just block them to never get a chance.  
  • Popular Contributors