How much beer do you buy at Orioles games? (Poll is anonymous)

Frobby

Ho many beers do you typically buy at an Orioles game? (Poll is anonymous)  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Ho many beers do you typically buy at an Orioles game? (Poll is anonymous)

• None
    • No more than one
    • No more than two
    • No more than three
    • Four or more

This poll is closed to new votes

I am with you. I can pack the beers down as well and not be a blubbering fool. They probably go down a bit quicker for me at the game than anywhere else. Dont want people dropping stuff in it or getting knocked over. So I hold on to it and drink it.

I'm with you. I can drink a ton, and you wouldn't know it. That said, usually don't drink too many at the game anymore, due to the cost.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread is making me thirsty...

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RK99NAJyeg?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RK99NAJyeg?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Best pre-game value/venue by far is Cross St. You can get a liter of beer for $5. Food options aplenty. Best beer selection and 'gourmet' style food is Alewife on Eutaw. Alewife is my personal favorite because it's 3 blocks from the 8$ Penn St. Garage. Easy in/Easy out. Never really understood the pickles thing.

Because pickles is right next to the stadium and cross St is nowhere near the stadium explains why people go to Pickles.

I'm with you. I can drink a ton, and you wouldn't know it. That said, usually don't drink too many at the game anymore, due to the cost.

I think most people can drink and not act like a neanderthal. Went to French restaurant tonight and every one was downing bottles of wine yet still acting civilized. Why would anyone want to drink if it made you into a psychopath.

You know, Harry Von der Horst would be very proud. He was a member of the family that owned the Eagle Brewing and Malt Works in Baltimore in the 1800s. He managed to secure Baltimore's first real major league franchise (not counting the short lived and chaotic National Association) in the old American Association, and the first team named the Orioles. His main goal in owning the club was to have a sure way to sell his beer. He'd have thought he was in heaven if he could have seen tens of thousands of Baltimoreans plunking down nearly $10 a beer, multiple times a night, 81 times a summer.

You know, Harry Von der Horst would be very proud. He was a member of the family that owned the Eagle Brewing and Malt Works in Baltimore in the 1800s. He managed to secure Baltimore's first real major league franchise (not counting the short lived and chaotic National Association) in the old American Association, and the first team named the Orioles. His main goal in owning the club was to have a sure way to sell his beer. He'd have thought he was in heaven if he could have seen tens of thousands of Baltimoreans plunking down nearly $10 a beer, multiple times a night, 81 times a summer.

You could buy a lot of beer for $10 in the 1800's.

I thought this would be interesting in light of the suggestion in the other thread that baseball stadiums should stop selling beer. I might be in favor of limiting how many beers can be sold to a fan -- maybe have a devic+ Reply to ThreadPage 1 of 212LastResults 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Freddy Garcia is coming up

View First Unread

Display

Today 02:00 PM #1 BaltimoreO's

Norfolk

Apr 2013

Freddy Garcia is coming up

Ken Rosenthal on twitter on iPad can't post link

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:02 PM #2 wingman123

Keys

Jun 2009

Sarasota

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:03 PM #3 BaltimoreO's

Norfolk

Apr 2013

Originally Posted by wingman123

Thank you

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:03 PM #4 canonfaz

Plus Member Since December 2010

Major League Starter

Jun 2007

Morgantown, WV

Start printing the playoff tickets?

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:06 PM #5 webbrick2010

Mar 2010

Further evidence of the epic fail of an off season.

At least I have Pujols on my fantasy team.

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:06 PM #6 MachadOboutManny

Plus Member Since 10/12

Major League Starter

Sep 2012

Originally Posted by canonfaz

Start printing the playoff tickets?

Word is, a serious case of playoff fever just broke out in Baltimore.

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:08 PM #7 MachadOboutManny

Plus Member Since 10/12

Major League Starter

Sep 2012

Originally Posted by webbrick2010

Further evidence of the epic fail of an off season.

At least I have Pujols on my fantasy team.

HA! Pujols. I can't imagine how mad I'd be if we had signed him or Hamilton for what they are doing. Pujols is done, his injury is serious.

I dont know what we could have done in the offseason. I know some people wanted clowns like Saunders, Harang, even Haren is worthless. I dont know what was there for the taking this year. If we had signed Saunders for 2 years, we'd be in the same position....worse.

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:12 PM #8 ShaneDawg85

Plus Member Since April 2009

All-Star

Oct 2003

Towson, MD

If he bombs people will be pitching in the dollars to buy his ticket back to Norfolk or the unemployment line.

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:13 PM #9 ShaneDawg85

Plus Member Since April 2009

All-Star

Oct 2003

Towson, MD

Originally Posted by MachadOboutManny

HA! Pujols. I can't imagine how mad I'd be if we had signed him or Hamilton for what they are doing. Pujols is done, his injury is serious.

I dont know what we could have done in the offseason. I know some people wanted clowns like Saunders, Harang, even Haren is worthless. I dont know what was there for the taking this year. If we had signed Saunders for 2 years, we'd be in the same position....worse.

Dan Haren is struggling right now, but he is far from worthless.

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:14 PM #10 MachadOboutManny

Plus Member Since 10/12

Major League Starter

Sep 2012

Originally Posted by ShaneDawg85

If he bombs people will be pitching in the dollars to buy his ticket back to Norfolk or the unemployment line.

Its a matter of when, not if. imo. Man, its going to be hard to watch him. He tosses nothing but junk and you can watch an episode of Threes Company between pitches.

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:14 PM #11 jtschrei

Norfolk

May 2010

Baltimore City

Freddy Garcia-- aka, the Cure for an Ailing Angels Offense

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:17 PM #12 MachadOboutManny

Plus Member Since 10/12

Major League Starter

Sep 2012

Originally Posted by ShaneDawg85

Dan Haren is struggling right now, but he is far from worthless.

Agree to disagree. I said, before the season, I thought the Nats had a terrible offseason. People didn't seem to understand what that meant. The Nats can have a terrible offseason and still be good. People loving on Soriano, Span, losing Morse, no lefties in the pen, and Haren. I think Haren is garbage at this point. I think Lannan would have been better for much less. Those owners will spend and Rizzo made terrible moves this offseason. imo

We shall see. We shall see. He's been even worse than his numbers suggest so far. He should end with an ERA in the 5s.

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:17 PM #13 MachadOboutManny

Plus Member Since 10/12

Major League Starter

Sep 2012

Originally Posted by jtschrei

Freddy Garcia-- aka, the Cure for an Ailing Angels Offense

As well as insomnia.

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:18 PM #14 canonfaz

Plus Member Since December 2010

Major League Starter

Jun 2007

Morgantown, WV

I would rather see Garcia pitch then watch Britton pitch again at this point.

Reply Reply With Quote

Today 02:20 PM #15 MachadOboutManny

Plus Member Since 10/12

Major League Starter

Sep 2012

Originally Posted by canonfaz

I would rather see Garcia pitch then watch Britton pitch again at this point.

I would rather see you pitch than Britton at this point. Maybe even Frobby.

Reply Reply With Quote

+ Reply to ThreadPage 1 of 212Last

Quick Navigation Orioles Talk Top

? Previous Thread | Next Thread ?