How much beer do you buy at Orioles games? (Poll is anonymous)

Frobby

Ho many beers do you typically buy at an Orioles game? (Poll is anonymous)  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Ho many beers do you typically buy at an Orioles game? (Poll is anonymous)

• None
    • No more than one
    • No more than two
    • No more than three
    • Four or more

This poll is closed to new votes

I can count on one hand the number of beers I now drink in an entire year, which is the equivalent to one weekend in college thirty years ago.

As I've noted on other occasions, beer, at $8.50 a can, is plentiful at the Yard. In our section Wednesday, we had two beer vendors every half inning, often at the same time. If one sold out of supply, another would be around in a minute or two. Once again, I was in an aisle seat and had my view of home plate blocked constantly by these vendors who camp out on the steps close to or next to me. I asked one for a bottle of water, and she replied she didn't carry water even though she wore a button that indicated otherwise, at $4.50/bottle (what a bargain).

My pet peeve remains that for a supposedly family friendly atmosphere, nearly all that gets offered is beer, over and over and over again. One, count 'em, one cotton candy vendor came by (wasn't interested), and forget about getting a hot dog unless you leave your seat and go to one of the stands on the concourse.

I'm well aware of the ridiculous profit margin they make on beer, but they neglect other patrons with this aggressive sales push. For much of the night, we got "treated" to the constant loud serenades of an obviously drunk twenty-something female a couple rows behind us. The beer vendors didn't miss her row every inning.

There was a hot dog vendor in our aisle last night. He was spelling orioles on the dogs in ketchup. I don't buy hot dogs from vendors or beer either as they only have the worst beers. It would be nice if they had someone who could make margaritas for you. I would buy those.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No offense but isn't this borderline paranoia? I mean why are you always worried, you need to relax sometimes.

Yeah and I have a solution for his paranoia. 4 or 5 beers at Pickles before the game and he won't have any worries.

There was a hot dog vendor in our aisle last night. He was spelling orioles on the dogs in ketchup. I don't buy hot dogs from vendors or beer either as they only have the worst beers. It would be nice if they had someone who could make margaritas for you. I would buy those.
I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that beer vendors outnumber other vendors twenty-thirty to one.

Back when when I drank more I tried to keep most of the drinking pregame for monetary reasons, sometimes after having a little too much at pickles/frank and nics, I'd end up spending $50 on beer at the yard aswell. On an average night when I go down it's either none or one, depending if I happen to walk by the guinness stand.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that beer vendors outnumber other vendors twenty-thirty to one.

I am sure you are right. But the guy was selling a ton of dogs. You have to wonder why there aren't more food vendors. Maybe the beer guys get paid more per beer sold.

I'm all over the place. I've been to plenty of games and not had a drink, and I've been to games where I've probably gotten close to $60 worth. Sometimes I DD and I have to stay sober, sometimes it's a day game and I don't feel like dealing with an early evening hangover, and sometimes, I'm just in the mood to tie one on.

Some guy I know, who definately is not me, will sometimes sneak a flask of single malt in. I hope he never gets caught.

I attend Miami Dolphin football games and they are way worse for drunks. The tailgating before hand leads to a ton of people being hammered before the game even starts. I attend a few baseball games and notice the crowds are much more calm.

That being said, when i'm not designated I drink beer all game long. If I can get a nice smoke beforehand that usually will keep me drink free for a few innings.

So, there are no control procedures currently in effect at OPACY?

The price is the control mechanism.

If what he says is true then he ran up a tab of over $50 on SEVEN beers. Most people would not/ can not do that.

Also you can only carry two at a time.

If price is the control mechanism then it's certainly not by design. Otherwise, why punish people who drink soda and water with similar other-worldly prices?

The price is the control mechanism.

If what he says is true then he ran up a tab of over $50 on SEVEN beers. Most people would not/ can not do that.

Also you can only carry two at a time.

I put no more than 3 and I think that is about right on average. Sometimes 4-5 and sometimes none, but I think no more than 3 is a good average. If you split rounds with a buddy or 2, it does not seem as bad. Also I almost never pay for food inside the stadium as a rule.

Archived