How much beer do you buy at Orioles games? (Poll is anonymous)

Frobby

Ho many beers do you typically buy at an Orioles game? (Poll is anonymous)  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Ho many beers do you typically buy at an Orioles game? (Poll is anonymous)

• None
    • No more than one
    • No more than two
    • No more than three
    • Four or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never get it cost to much statement. You could say that about anything at the stadium. Bag of Peanuts like 1.50 most places stadium about 4. Soda is about 1.75 on average at a restaurant and it is what $5.50 at the stadium. A beer at a the same restaurant is about 4.00 and 7 at the game. So it actually goes up less percentage then other items.

I never get it cost to much statement. You could say that about anything at the stadium. Bag of Peanuts like 1.50 most places stadium about 4. Soda is about 1.75 on average at a restaurant and it is what $5.50 at the stadium. A beer at a the same restaurant is about 4.00 and 7 at the game. So it actually goes up less percentage then other items.

They charge 4.50 for tap water.

For me, it depends on who I attend the game with. If I go with my brother, 0 or 1. If I'm with my wife two-three. If it's an outing with my friends, it could be 6-10 with everyone buying a round or two, but we hotel those games at either the Hampton Inn or Comfort Inn.

But, no matter how many beers I buy, I only get up between innings or pitching changes. People who get up and move around during the action frustrate me to no end.

I find the NFL atmosphere much worse from a drunk fan hassle perspective. I go to an away game a year, and usually stay pretty sober (actually just hungover from Saturday night) and keep my head on a swivel.

I'm a huge beer fan and over the years, Camden Yards had become an excellent venue for beer drinkers. Granted, I hate high prices and and three decent beers at the Free State Pub might run you up to thirty bucks. However, the variety is the best as far as what I've seen from most of the MLB parks and I've seen just about everything on this side of the country. To answer the poll question, I usually cap it at three beers...less if driving.

I'm a huge beer fan and over the years, Camden Yards had become an excellent venue for beer drinkers. Granted, I hate high prices and and three decent beers at the Free State Pub might run you up to thirty bucks. However, the variety is the best as far as what I've seen from most of the MLB parks and I've seen just about everything on this side of the country. To answer the poll question, I usually cap it at three beers...less if driving.

The beer at Wrigley field is absolutely the worst.

Of all of those things listed, what are people most likely to buy more than one of? Beer.

Of all of those things listed, what are people most likely to buy more than one of? Beer.

Plus you're not (legally) allowed to bring beer into the stadium, correct?

I buy a soda outside for a buck, then buy an extremely greasy and unhealthy italian sausage inside for 6 bucks.

I drink beer on occasion at a bar or party but never at a game. I can take it or leave it. My question for the beer drinkers is this. At a ballgame do you drink it just because it's the best tasting drink at the park or because you want to get a buzz? And the followup question for me, which I wouldn't understand, is why would you want to get buzzed at a ballgame?

I don't know about the other guys, but I am basically an alcoholic. Once I have that first drink, I will keep drinking. I have really cut down the past year, and my liver test came back fine. But that's why I buy all that beer.

I've been to Wrigley once and yes, it was really bad. Waited in line for twenty minutes with a big crowd to get something called "Old Style" beer, which tasted like a very weak American lager. I unfortunately didn't get to poke around the stadium, but I'd hope that they'd have more to offer somewhere in the stadium.

I am a 3, maybe 4 beer a game kind of guy (always craft beer as well, which is a big part of the equation since the cost is more) and it's usually beer and food to start, then two more every couple of innings until I get to third or fourth.

Having said that, I am 1.25 hours away from Camden, so I take the Metro (giving myself extra time), but....this means a very long (and expensive) night, so I (or family) don't go very often.

To RZNJ - I know what you are getting at, but its not really the buzz or the taste, to me.....but actually going to a game (being so rare) is an event and I take it all in....it's when I have the basement to myself and the house is quiet when I really, really focus on the baseball....just can't do that as well at the game. Beer or otherwise.

Of course I love to break up my focus and enjoy the game thread as well...ha.

Archived