Henry Urrutia: Humble and Generous

Jagwar

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to think the next significant injury to one of our outfielders and he's up.

I hope so, but I'll guess that it depends on who's hottest at the time between him and Hoes - with Avery more likely if Jones gets hurt.

I hope so, but I'll guess that it depends on who's hottest at the time between him and Hoes - with Avery more likely if Jones gets hurt.

I think they'd play McLouth in center and call up a LF before they'd call Avery up, given the better options in LF.

Really neat thread so far. Really rooting for Urrutia now.

You know... He just "looked" different to me than everyone else on the field, like you knew he was going to be a solid ML player. He struck out on a few curveballs down and in, but Alex Meyer was making everybody look pretty silly. But Urrutia made some really nice plays in RF, and he came darn close to driving in 2 runs to tie the game. (tying run was thrown out at the plate, but he looked safe from my angle!)

And of course, he made a huge impression on my family, the family behind us, and a large number of New Britain fans who saw the whole thing unfold.

Ask WEAMS for his opinion. He was there at the same time on a couple of occassions. He seemed to understand more than he could speak.

I think Henry is a great guy. He absolutely understand quite a bit of English. And he can speak enough to communicate. Graceful , athletic movements even when standing around or just walking from place to place. He is not a AA player. He's just knocking some rust off. He is a guy who could easily make an impact for us soon.

Very gracious. Seems to love being here and getting this chance.

I think they'd play McLouth in center and call up a LF before they'd call Avery up, given the better options in LF.

I understand the logic, and you could be right, but McLouth is a lousy CFer (being a Braves fan, I saw him fail badly there), while being a heckuvagood LFer. I think it's foolish to damage 2 positions rather than 1.

This thread is awesome. Henry played for Las Tunas of the Cuban National Series. I have family (whom I've never met) in Holguin, which has another team in the Cuban National Series and is the town that the video states Henry hid in. I have a baseball signed by the Holguin team from I'd guess around 2003. Would have been cool if Henry played for Holguin! I bet he knows a lot of the names on my baseball though.

Archived