Dave Kaplan says AM is asking for Hill,Pie, or Colvin

skiba7

If Chicago gives up Marshall and Gallagher, their rotation will be in shambles. Sweeten the deal to include some of our glut of pitching. Let me be the first to say ... give them D. Cabrera in order to receive Pie. Even more if needed to pry Pie away, to an extent of course. We can't have a rotation of 10 guys. Adding Pie along with Gallagher, Marshall, and Cedeno would be very, very good.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyway, all I was really saying was that the OH story could have been reason enough for all the discussions today. Or, various papers could have just noticed talks becoming more intense and thought that was just reporting. I don't see proof of a grand cover up, just evidence that the media and the way news spreads around is not the same as it was 20, 10 or even 5 years ago.

I have no doubts you're right about OH's role today.

This has to be misinformation. It's not a coincidence that all the sudden all these different reports are coming out in the media regarding BRob after literally weeks of nothing from the media.

This has to be all a smokescreen and a trade is already done.

I think this is right on. While this is driving me crazy, I can see AM sitting up in his office smiling at all this misinformation being thrown around.

If Chicago gives up Marshall and Gallagher, their rotation will be in shambles. Sweeten the deal to include some of our glut of pitching. Let me be the first to say ... give them D. Cabrera in order to receive Pie. Even more if needed to pry Pie away, to an extent of course. We can't have a rotation of 10 guys. Adding Pie along with Gallagher, Marshall, and Cedeno would be very, very good.

I don't know about that. I'm not sure either of those two would even be in the Cubs' rotation if the season started today. Any of our Cub fan visitors can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think their rotation as it currently stands is Zambrano, Hill, Lilly, Marquis, and Dempster.

Huh? Their rotation will be in shambles if they give up Marshall And Gallagher? Neither of those guys is even slated to bee in the rotation. Giving up Cabrera will not get Pie back. Hendry is still in love with Pie and the Cubs don't really have another option for center other than Fuld. The only way Pie ends up in Baltimore is if Bedard is involved, and we all know that's not happening.

I don't know about that. I'm not sure either of those two would even be in the Cubs' rotation if the season started today. Any of our Cub fan visitors can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think their rotation as it currently stands is Zambrano, Hill, Lilly, Marquis, and Dempster.

Marquis and Dempster in one's rotation stinks. Dempster didn't start a game in two seasons and has ERAs approaching 5. Marquis started off '07 hot, but reverted back to his terrible ways. If I'm Chicago, I don't care how good my lineup is with Roberts at the top ... you need PITCHING. Now that I think about it, why would they want D. Cabrera? They should want someone more established since they are considered by some World Series contendors this year.

There have been rumors that they're holding back some chips to go after AJ Burnett, but you know, if they're interested in the wildly inconsistent, injury-prone, very expensive Burnett it could be a very good idea to dangle Cabrera at them. He's kind of a poor man's Burnett but with a lot more durability.

I think I could stomach Marshall, Gallagher and Colvin if, in fact, that request was made.

I'm also good with Cedeno - in other words, I hope it's not a dealbreaker in AM's mind.

Although - he's the one who counts most so let's see where this all goes......

LOL....

I told you not to buy into your little insiders...I can now assure you this: Brian Roberts won't be playing for the Cubs in 2008.

Stop making Cubs fans look bad. The question is, will you come back and admit you were wrong when Roberts gets dealt to the Cubs? Probably not.

Huh? Their rotation will be in shambles if they give up Marshall And Gallagher? Neither of those guys is even slated to bee in the rotation. Giving up Cabrera will not get Pie back. Hendry is still in love with Pie and the Cubs don't really have another option for center other than Fuld. The only way Pie ends up in Baltimore is if Bedard is involved, and we all know that's not happening.

Zambrano, Hill, and Lilly is a good top of the rotation. Nothing spectacular in '08, but good. Dempster and Marquis at 4 and 5 though? Come on. That's not what a World Series team should have at the end of their rotation. Maybe one of those two, but not both. Having Gallagher and Marshall around is great in case injuries occur. Do you trust those guys more than Veal? Jeff Szardirjamamama (Sp?)? I sure do.

Stop making Cubs fans look bad. The question is, will you come back and admit you were wrong when Roberts gets dealt to the Cubs? Probably not.

"I told you, I told you" He seems to be gloating while at the same time he has a "Cubsin2008" alias which I'm assuming means that he wants them to win the WS. One would think that you would need one of the better lead off men in the game for that. But for some reason this guy seems to be happy that that isn't happening for his team.

Archived