Orioles have eye on Carlos Quentin

xian4

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What exactly was he supposed to do, have Quentin run him over when he came running out to the mound?

He could have dodged instead of standing his ground. Anyone with the least bit of knowledge about the body should know that absorbing that kind of hit is going to cause damage.

On multiple occasions. Greinke was nearly as culpable in the whole ordeal.

This is garbage. It was a close game and Greinke had no reason, none, to go after him. Quentin's a hothead and as has been noted has led the league repeatedly in HBP because his arms are in the zone when he takes his stance. He "leans in" before the pitch is ever thrown and then gets mad about it when it happens. Greinke still wants to pitch on the inner half of the plate as well he should.

He could have dodged instead of standing his ground. Anyone with the least bit of knowledge about the body should know that absorbing that kind of hit is going to cause damage.

I'm not saying it was a smart move but he didn't ask Quentin to run out there. He has a right to defend himself however badly he does it.

If any of us threw a baseball at someone, wed be locked up for assault too. How is what Grienks did any less criminal then what Quenten did? If that happened off the field, Quenten was more of self defense then assault.

Oh come on. Hitters get hit. Part of the game. What Greinke did may have been

accident. I wish Quenten had had to face Gibson. He didnt give a damn who he hit You can not go attacking pitchers for something that could have been an

accident. IMO

Oh come on. Hitters get hit. Part of the game. What Greinke did may have been

accident. I wish Quenten had had to face Gibson. He didnt give a damn who he hit You can not go attacking pitchers for something that could have been an

accident. IMO

Could have been an accident. You nor I know for sure what was going on in Greinkes head. Besides, im not arguing whether it was right or wrong. What happens on the field happens. But to say Quenten should be charged with assault while at the same time shaking off what Greinke did is ridiculous. Quenten charged the mound. Thats part of the game too. I wish Grienke would have to face Ty Cobb. He probably would have given him a dropkick spike to the chest.

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 1px; border: medium none; position: absolute;" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
About the Orioles' interest in Carlos Quentin: the Padres are not inclined to move him. Good bang for the buck when he's in the lineup.
? Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN)
July 28, 2013

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, it seems as per the note in MLBTR it was internal discussions by the Orioles FO only.

Nothing to see here.

<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Not a fan of trading prospects for rentals...also not sure a left-fielder is needed (I like McClouth/Urrutia).

However, I am intrigued by Carlos Quentin. He's a very solid right-handed bat with a nice OBP and OPS. He is in his prime and has this year plus two more full years on a very team-friendly contract.

What would I give up for him? He won't come without pain. I'm guessing Schoop, EdRod and Wright might do it.

Because we lose McLouth this year and Kakes the next, and with no hot OF prospects in the system, I might be inclined to do it.

Thoughts?

Not a fan of trading prospects for rentals...also not sure a left-fielder is needed (I like McClouth/Urrutia).

However, I am intrigued by Carlos Quentin. He's a very solid right-handed bat with a nice OBP and OPS. He is in his prime and has this year plus two more full years on a very team-friendly contract.

What would I give up for him? He won't come without pain. I'm guessing Schoop, EdRod and Wright might do it.

Because we lose McLouth this year and Kakes the next, and with no hot OF prospects in the system, I might be inclined to do it.

Thoughts?

I think I do that deal. Like you said the uncertainty of the OF next year and our lack of quality RH power make me pull the trigger. We HAVE to get Markakis out of that 3 hole.

You are willing to give up two top 100 guys and Wright for an oft-injured DH? No thanks.

Yeah, that's insanity. It would probably take 1 of them to get him. I'd consider it, but ONLY if we start spending some of that Int'l money and make a real effort to stock the system up. I don't think DD has authorization to do that.

Thoughts?

He'd be a DH and 4th OF at best.

Archived