Orioles have eye on Carlos Quentin

xian4

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>One of the players BAL has talked about internally is Carlos Quentin of the Padres, who is signed through 2015 for about $24m guaranteed.</p>? Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="
">July 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know the team needs another hitter but right now I would rather they get

another pitcher.

I think hitting is a bigger need right now, though I wouldn't have said it a week ago. We cannot get a hit with RISP to save our lives. Whether its Quentin, Morse, Morneau whomever....we need a bat! I'm all for getting Peavy if TPIR, but Boston will out bid us.

Honestly he should be in prison for assault for what he did to Greinke. If any of us did that, we'd be locked up.

If any of us threw a baseball at someone, wed be locked up for assault too. How is what Grienks did any less criminal then what Quenten did? If that happened off the field, Quenten was more of self defense then assault.

If any of us threw a baseball at someone, wed be locked up for assault too. How is what Grienks did any less criminal then what Quenten did? If that happened off the field, Quenten was more of self defense then assault.

I believe Greinke hitting him was an accident. What you are saying is equivalent to getting out of the car and bodyslamming someone for causing a fender bender to the back of your car.

If he is I agree.

You realize Greinke had a history of beaning Quentin constantly. He threw at him like once a game every time he saw him.

Eventually Quentin got sick of it and charged the mound, but he wasn't going out there to break Greinke's collarbone, it was just a fluke thing that happened.

Greinke was no saint.

The two have a ton of history together.

It was a run run game, and the only history they have is Greinke had beaned him before. But that is nothing new for Quentin. He led the league in getting hit and he only played 86 games. He gets hit all the time by everyone.

It was a run run game, and the only history they have is Greinke had beaned him before. But that is nothing new for Quentin. He led the league in getting hit and he only played 86 games. He gets hit all the time by everyone.

On multiple occasions. Greinke was nearly as culpable in the whole ordeal.

Isn't Quentin the guy that took out Greinke? He should be suspended from baseball. I hate that guy.

This is a fairly ridiculous statement. He charged the mound, as players are wont to do from time to time. He didn't take a bat to Greinke's collarbone.

Any disdain I might have for Quentin is far outweighed by my desire to see the line-up improved, which Quentin would do. He's crushing the ball away from Petco.

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 1px; border: medium none; position: absolute;" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
One of the players BAL has talked about internally is Carlos Quentin of the Padres, who is signed through 2015 for about $24m guaranteed.
? Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN)
July 28, 2013

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not a good guy, but the Orioles have already started down this road with Rodriguez and it's only for a couple months.

He definitely can hit.

<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Archived