Mark Reynolds DFA (UPDATE:Yankees signed him)

TonySoprano

Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure as hell better hope he's done. Unfortunately, I don't think he is and think the Orioles should have picked him up.

This year especially down the stretch it seems the entire team is choking including Duquette and Buck big time. Buck, in his handling of the bullpen, and Duquette in some of his moves/non-moves. I liked he got rid of Arrieta, but not so much strop, and who they got (Feldman) was mediocrity at best. I like Bud Norris, but they need a RH DH with power and he blew it by not taking a flyer on Reynolds when he was right there to be had with nothing to lose. Very disappointing to me, but no one to blame but ourselves.

I found this funny.

Garden

Soriano

Cano

Arod

Granderson

Wells or Suzuki

Reynolds

Nunez but Jeter will be back on Tuesday

Romine

Calling that Lineup crap is a joke.

I agree. Just because the Yanks aren't making the playoffs doesn't mean they can't do some serious damage down the stretch. And make no mistake about it...they would love to play the spoiler role right now.

From Yahoo Sport this AM:

The New York Yankees will add a right-handed bat to their roster, as they agreed to a deal with free agent slugger Mark Reynolds.

General manager Brian Cashman confirmed the agreement Thursday night, ESPN.com reported.

Reynolds was released by Cleveland Indians on Monday after batting .215 with 15 home runs and 48 RBIs this season. He was designated for assignment by Cleveland on Aug. 8.

The 30-year-old picked the Yankees over three other interested teams, according to CBSSports.com. The Yankees are expected to use Reynolds at third and first base when Alex Rodriguez and Lyle Overbay are not in the lineup.

The power-hitting corner infielder's career stops have included the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Baltimore Orioles. He hit 44 home runs for the Diamondbacks in 2008 and 37 for the Orioles in 2011.

In the past few weeks they have gotten ARod, Grandy, Soriano, and now Reynolds.

Soriano will cool off, he's had a good stretch of 3 or 4 games now. Reynolds may have a week or 2 of good play. Arod is a shell of himself at this point in his career. Grandy will probably be hurt again within 3 weeks.

Soriano will cool off, he's had a good stretch of 3 or 4 games now. Reynolds may have a week or 2 of good play. Arod is a shell of himself at this point in his career. Grandy will probably be hurt again within 3 weeks.

And yet they've gone 5-2 over the last week. :scratchchinhmm:

Archived