Mark Reynolds DFA (UPDATE:Yankees signed him)

TonySoprano

Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?

This poll is closed to new votes

The thing about Reynolds right now is.......where do you stick him? Not in the field obviously......so at DH.

His numbers suck against righties this year, and while his OPS is respectable against lefties......Pearce has a better one (.762).

So I just don't see where you put Reynolds right now.

Okay, for the 10th time or so, Pearce plays LEFT FIELD against left handed pitchers. Reynolds would be the right handed DH.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, for the 10th time or so, Pearce plays LEFT FIELD against left handed pitchers. Reynolds would be the right handed DH.

Not too bad of a plan I suppose. I'd be open to trying it for the major league minimum. Only issue now is there is no way Duquette will do it anyway. Especially with Valencia on the team (and by team I mean he is not on the active roster.......but that is what DD's logic is).

Come September though I guess it will all be moot anyway, but it would be nice to win some more games between now and then.

Not too bad of a plan I suppose. I'd be open to trying it for the major league minimum. Only issue now is there is no way Duquette will do it anyway. Especially with Valencia on the team (and by team I mean he is not on the active roster.......but that is what DD's logic is).

Come September though I guess it will all be moot anyway, but it would be nice to win some more games between now and then.

I like how DD said we already have a credible RH bat (Valencia) on the the rooster...

Split          G PA AB  R  H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO   BA  OBP  SLG  OPS2013 Totals   25 78 74 10 16  6  0  5  10  4 18 .216 .256 .500 .756

:puke::eektf:

I like how DD said we already have a credible RH bat (Valencia) on the the rooster...
                                                                   Split          G PA AB  R  H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO   BA  OBP  SLG  OPS2013 Totals   25 78 74 10 16  6  0  5  10  4 18 .216 .256 .500 .756

:eektf:

He said that when Reynolds was still a member of the Indians. I bet behind closed doors they would love to have him for $200K.

He said that when Reynolds was still a member of the Indians. I bet behind closed doors they would love to have him for $200K.

Its the prorated league min. I dont even think he would cost $150K.

I see it more as a roster issue right now.... Who do you remove from the 40 man?

Valencia

Casilla

Hammel to the 60 day DL

Have him DH for a few games in Norfolk and bring him up.

Low risk - high reward type deal.

The same people saying he is no risk to pick up are probably the same people who wanted to pick-up his option from last year for 11 million.

I was totally against 11 million for the guy, liked the guy, respected the guy, appreciated what he brought to the team, but not at 11 million.

DD made the right decision and tough decision. IMO

Hindsight is 20-20 and it really appears that was the right move to make.

No, I don't think it would be a good fit for the team, to bring him back, either.

Again, just IMO

Bob Dutton ‏@Royals_Report 11m

#Royals 3B Mike Moustakas seen in walking boot. No details yet but doesn't seem good.

I could see the Royals making a move for Mark Now.

Bob Dutton ‏@Royals_Report 11m

#Royals 3B Mike Moustakas seen in walking boot. No details yet but doesn't seem good.

I could see the Royals making a move for Mark Now.

Wouldn't Alex Gordon play 3B for them, or is he not an option? Mark is a horrible third baseman, and I'm sure they know that.

Wouldn't Alex Gordon play 3B for them, or is he not an option? Mark is a horrible third baseman, and I'm sure they know that.

Gordon isn't an option at 3B.

KC currently has Elliot Johnson and Jamey Carroll playing 3B with Miguel Tejada on the DL. I think Reynolds is a slim possibility but it depends on how desperate they are and how severe Moustakas' injury is.

Blue Jays-Official ‏@BlueJays 3m

The @BlueJays have traded IF/OF EMILIO BONIFACIO to the Kansas City Royals for a player to be named later or cash considerations.

So much for Royals.

Mark is a terrible third baseman so why would any team want him to play third? And he hasn't hit since May. And Kansas City plays in a pitchers park. You need good fielders if you want to win games there.

Archived