Mark Reynolds DFA (UPDATE:Yankees signed him)

TonySoprano

Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?

This poll is closed to new votes

Mark is a terrible third baseman so why would any team want him to play third? And he hasn't hit since May. And Kansas City plays in a pitchers park. You need good fielders if you want to win games there.

You're right except every major league park's infield dimensions are the same-- 90' from home plate to third base. The cut of the grass or playing surface is the only thing that would change the infield so, as a first or third baseman, it wouldn't matter that he's playing in KC.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're right except every major league park's infield dimensions are the same-- 90' from home plate to third base. The cut of the grass or playing surface is the only thing that would change the infield so, as a first or third baseman, it wouldn't matter that he's playing in KC.

Some parks were known to literally wet the infield grass so wet, that if the ball was hit on the ground, it got tossed out of the game as unusable. :)

Some park, cut their cut their grass on the tall side, to help slow down the ball.

I agree just comparing for comparison's sake.

Pretty much everyone in Chicago is saying he isn't going anywhere, but I could see the "give him a chance to win a WS" approach.

I'd love to have him. His OPS against LH is absurd.

Can Reynolds really do any worse than the rest of these bums right now? 12 innings of no run ball? I was one of the people bashing Buck yesterday for calling out the offense instead of JJ, and yes, I again say JJ blew the game yesterday, but 12 innings and we can't get one run in? That's pathetic.

Sign the Sheriff before Friday's game!

Can Reynolds really do any worse than the rest of these bums right now? 12 innings of no run ball? I was one of the people bashing Buck yesterday for calling out the offense instead of JJ, and yes, I again say JJ blew the game yesterday, but 12 innings and we can't get one run in? That's pathetic.

Sign the Sheriff before Friday's game!

The same people that thought Soriano was garbage. He doesn't look like garbage to me. Pearce has no value. Valencia? Had 2 nice games earlier in the season.

But at the end of the day when Tilliman is about to get his 15th win (on the way to a possible BIG Oriole milestone), you don't bring in JJ for the 3rd time in a row. That is some of the worst managing I have seen.

Archived