Mark Reynolds DFA (UPDATE:Yankees signed him)

TonySoprano

Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Reynolds' perspective, the move makes sense. He can platoon at 1B, a huge need in NY. He can also DH and maybe even spell A-Rod at 3B.

Here? He can only DH--Davis and Machado are as locked into a position as anyone in the league.

The Orioles may well have had interest until Reynolds told them he had other teams who offered to play him in the field. If that happened, I'd imagine Duquette would have told him sorry and good luck.

Orioles are doing all the wrong things right now...

Saying JJ is still the closer?

It was an 0-2 count, and they kept throwing him a strike. He had several foul balls. Why would they throw a strike unless they think he was done? Maybe they threw a meatball to test him. Let's see if he can do it again.

Reynolds = HR, 3 rbis in 5 at bats last night

Urrutia and Pearce = 0 HR, 2 rbis in 84 combined at bats since June 1

I voted NO on getting Reynolds, but that may have been a bad decision. I am sorry Reynolds, forgive me.

Now we all know Reynolds will most likely be cut after a few weeks, but all it takes is one giant hot streak to get his team back into the playoffs.

Once the team is back in the playoff picture, who cares if he stops hitting?

I voted NO on getting Reynolds, but that may have been a bad decision. I am sorry Reynolds, forgive me.

Now we all know Reynolds will most likely be cut after a few weeks, but all it takes is one giant hot streak to get his team back into the playoffs.

Once the team is back in the playoff picture, who cares if he stops hitting?

A team that cares more about winning once they get into the playoffs then they do about making the playoffs in the first place.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Are umpires worse than they always have been or does every broadcast now having a box that we can use to judge every call off of just skewing it in our minds?
    • At this point I don't care about the human element. Get the calls right. It's getting terrible.
    • I appreciate the reverse jinx thing and Roy does it well. But one of the things that annoys many of us about the Yankees is that they expect to win. There was a time when that’s how it was for us. Personally, I’d rather have that back.    The Yankees pitch pretty well and if they stay healthy they will be tough. But tonight we got some breaks and we did lots well. Grayson wasn’t masterful but he did the job. Perez, Cano and Coulombe were sharp enough.  The O’s played good defense and Gunnar became the Youngest player in MLB history to hit 10 HRs before May 1st.    But most of all I sat in 3rd base Box seats with a lot of folks who expected the Yankees to win and I enjoyed the heck out of it. My favorite play was Santander and Gunnar forcing out Stanton at second on a single to right.    Reverse away Roy.  But the time is coming when we should expect this. And tonight felt good. Ain’t the beer cold!!!
    • Any chance we see a Tyler Wells return tomorrow?     He went on the IL on 4/13. It’s been 15 days. The team said it was originally precautionary. If he’s been throwing then it’s possible. We are pretty desperate for bullpen help. Wells could try and give it a go tomorrow and if he fails and needs a stint in AAA, then we could just simply option him. He has an option.  Just throwing that out there. 
    • Every time there's a discussion about robot umps somebody who opposes an electronic strike zone brings up how we need to keep "the human element" in the game. I cannot emphasize enough how wrong headed this attitude is wrt umpires. The HUMAN ELEMENT of baseball involves the players and the coaches, not the umpires. Never the umpires. Not in a million years the umpires. The boys in blue are a necessary evil who's influence on the game should be minimized where ever and when ever possible. Minimized to the point of total elimination if feasible. That's why the players who do their jobs the best are celebrated, while the umpires who do their jobs the best are unknown and invisible. 
    • His arm would have to be broken to not play.,. especially this series. 
  • Popular Contributors