Mark Reynolds DFA (UPDATE:Yankees signed him)

TonySoprano

Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty meh on this topic but now that he's been released I'd go for it. I hear he wants to bring the magic back.
That is too bad O's are too stubborn to grab him, would have brought a nice spark to the club/offense, maybe brought back some of that 2012 magic.

I think I almost believe he could do this, we know he can't field and not too sure he can hit at all anymore, so what else is there? But this isn't the 2012 Orioles and the current team needs are different and IMO most likely the success or failure of the team will come from the performance of the players we have currently.

I would 100% sign him to a minor league deal to see if he can get his swing sorted out. If Miggy was willing to do it, Mark Reynolds certainly should.

The thing about Reynolds right now is.......where do you stick him? Not in the field obviously......so at DH.

His numbers suck against righties this year, and while his OPS is respectable against lefties......Pearce has a better one (.762).

So I just don't see where you put Reynolds right now.

The thing about Reynolds right now is.......where do you stick him? Not in the field obviously......so at DH.

His numbers suck against righties this year, and while his OPS is respectable against lefties......Pearce has a better one (.762).

So I just don't see where you put Reynolds right now.

You're right...not a lot of room. I put him in Norfolk to see what happens though with the eye on DH against lefties and giving CD a break at first on occasion. We know what he can do if he gets on a hot streak...

Archived