Example A of why you fire Buck after 3 seasons.

Norfolk orioles

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Example A of why I hardly spend time on here anymore. It always feels like members vs. non-members and high rep vs. low rep when all I want to do is discuss a baseball team.

Not singling you out. Just frustrated with the pessimism and negativity, not to mention the open insults of my favorite baseball team.

I think it is important to add that in the past 2 blown saves other guys in the pen have given up runs to make it a one run game. Does not mean JJ should close but it not only him choking to be fair

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Totally agree. And closers will have un-clean innings. It's to be expected, especially when you're a sinkerballer...but it's just ridiculous this year. There are PLENTY of strikeout guys in the bullpen that could get it done.

Cut the amount of blown saves down to a reasonable 5 and see where we are now. It's the difference between a fringe contender and potentially a division leader.

This 100%. I'm as much of a homer as anyone, but this is beyond aggravating. Closers of course will blow saves, but eight in 70% of a season is ridiculous.

If he is going to make $8m then you are right, but I am not washing my hands with him over one really bad half of closing. It is going to be crazy if a guy who will saves something like 75 games over 2 years gets cut.

He has had two streaks of at least three blown saves in a row this season.

JJ is quickly turning himself from a useful trade chip into a non-tender candidate.

I will take Buck every day of the week....some of you guys piss me off.

He is THE reason we are even close to a playoff spot. How quickly you forget:ohlord:

I haven't.

Pretty sure DD deserves more credit, since he actually brought in the talent.

And what, we should forgive Buck for such idiotic mistakes because of the past?

You don't think Angelos is going to eat Buck's contract do you? They just signed him and DD to huge extensions.

I qualified my statement multiple times.

A. I said IF he doesn't remove Johnson from the role after this game.

And b. I said he should be fired if that doesn't happen, I didn't say he will.

I know he's our manager no matter what, I'm just sick of the excuses and Buckisms for bad managerial decisions.

This team is squandering a ton of talent with bad management

Carrying 3 light hitting second baseman and tj McFarland are also pretty high on the list of buck mistakes.

But no, he's not going anywhere......and most likely, neither are we.

I won't be surprised if Buck has lost the clubhouse.

I would, and I'm still in Buck's corner. He's been very good for this team.

That said, between last year's playoffs and this season's ongoing struggles, Johnson shouldn't be closing games out anymore. Maybe before Buck didn't feel comfortable with any of his other options, but if he and DD felt Rodriguez was worth Delmonico, then I sure as hell hope they think he can replace Johnson.

Archived