Example A of why you fire Buck after 3 seasons.

Norfolk orioles

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they non-tender Johnson, they'll need someone to replace his innings. So im not convinced they'll do that.

This wont be hard to fill. You don't pay someone 9m for what your gonna get.

Yes, we should have resigned Reynolds, Kubel, Nick Swisher etc. Boy we should have traded some prospects for Willingham. He's really been great.

Have you seen what are DH have done all year? You would be a upgrade over them.

Buck is having a bad year no doubt. I'm sorry Dan Duquette not getting a pass from me. Dan did nothing to upgrade this team for Buck

What should he have done differently? SP wise, what should he have done?

How about the BP? Based on how they performed last year who should he have replaced? How could anybody have known they would regress this year like they have? Even if it was thot possible, w/o a crystal ball who would you replace?

JJ won't be making 9 even if he gets to arbitration. I think he loses if he asks for more then about 7.5.

OK 7.5 M is to much for him.

What did he sign for? I was actually interested in Liriano. Saunders as well.

$5 million signing bonus

2013: $2.5 million

2014: $3.5 million

2015: $4.5 million

2016: $7 million

2017: $7 million

2018: $7 million

Factor in the posting fee of $25,737,737.33, and the Dodgers paid $61.7 million for six years of Ryu's prime years, ages 26-31 (or possibly $54.7 million for ages 26-30 if he opts out).

http://www.truebluela.com/2012/12/10/3748440/hyun-jin-ryu-contract-details

So way more then PA would have approved.

Have you seen what are DH have done all year? You would be a upgrade over them.

Yeah. I've seen. Betemit got injured and that sucks.

I'm not sure Reynolds or Kubel would have been any better. We'd be stuck with a huge contract with Swisher who hasn't been very productive and Willingham has been injured a half the year in addition to not being very productive (and would have cost prospects etc.).

Easy to second guess stuff, but most of the OH suggestions would have left us worse off than we are now quite frankly.

Archived