Example A of why you fire Buck after 3 seasons.

Norfolk orioles

The offense should be blamed. Outside of the 2nd, they've put up nothing but zeros. Tillman can't get through more than 6, due to pitch count. O'Day gets wild and costs us a run. JJ blows another one.

Anybody acting like this is all on the closer needs to wake up.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The offense should be blamed. Outside of the 2nd, they've put up nothing but zeros. Tillman can't get through more than 6, due to pitch count. O'Day gets wild and costs us a run. JJ blows another one.

Rep owed. Good post.

All three games this series the offense and starting pitching has put the team in a situation to win. In all three games the bullpen couldn't close the door.

How many extra runs should the offense be providing?

This isn't "on" the closer in the sense that Johnson is solely to blame. And if this were an isolated incident, or even Johnson's fourth or fifth blown save, then people wouldn't be getting this upset. But this is obviously not an isolated incident and we have every reason to believe this is going to continue. Johnson doesn't get a pass simply because other people could have played better as well.

This post is Example A of the psuedo intellectual explanation to defend another horrible futile attempt by JJ to get 3 outs and preserve the lead. For all you psuedo intellectual defenders of JJ you constantly overlook the FACT that his job is to close the game when all the other guys have given him a lead to preserve.

All three games this series the offense and starting pitching has put the team in a situation to win. In all three games the bullpen couldn't close the door.

The answer is always MORE than they did.

Example A of why I hardly spend time on here anymore. It always feels like members vs. non-members and high rep vs. low rep when all I want to do is discuss a baseball team.

I apologize for my blanket statement regarding low-rep posters. Game threads are my favorite as well, especially living in CA. I just really cannot stand open insults of my O's or the incessant negativity.

Ironically, I owe you some rep.

Monday was on the bullpen. No doubt. But that wasn't JJ. Hunter sucked. Patton sucked. O'Day sucked.

Tuesday was on the offense. 3 runs. Delgado goes 7 and throws 86 pitches. Terrible AB's. Then JJ blew it.

Today has been on every part of the team.

This post is Example A of the psuedo intellectual explanation to defend another horrible futile attempt by JJ to get 3 outs and preserve the lead. For all you psuedo intellectual defenders of JJ you constantly overlook the FACT that his job is to close the game when all the other guys have given him a lead to preserve.

I'm sorry. I'll put it in terms you understand.

Rabble rabble rabble.:angryfire::cussing::cussing::angryfire:

Monday was on the bullpen. No doubt. But that wasn't JJ. Hunter sucked. Patton sucked. O'Day sucked.

Tuesday was on the offense. 3 runs. Delgado goes 7 and throws 86 pitches. Terrible AB's. Then JJ blew it.

????

Today is on Buck and Buck only.

I apologize for my blanket statement regarding low-rep posters. Game threads are my favorite as well, especially living in CA. I just really cannot stand open insults of my O's or the incessant negativity.

Ironically, I owe you some rep.

It's all good.

The negativity and reactionary stuff is hard to deal with but it's all happening because of the team's success. The winning has been great but it sure comes with a lot of stress.

Sorry I can't agree. Two run cushion should be enough for the bullpen to hold for three innings. I don't care if the lead is 14-12 or 2-0. The guys in the pen are, most nights, being asked to get three outs each, tops.

Archived