Example A of why you fire Buck after 3 seasons.

Norfolk orioles

The team has the talent. And Bucks roster management will keep them out this year.

This team lacks the pitching to really win consistently. The stats clearly bear that out. If your going to throw darts at Buck then you have to throw some at DD also for going into the year with the pitching staff we did and having to trade talent to get it to a level that is fringe competitive

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nobody is talking about firing anyone but using JJ is nonsense. NONSENSE!!!

He is single handily costing us the playoffs.

Agree. This situation is unbearable. I find it completely maddening that he's still using him when everyone would've made a change 5-6 blown saves ago. I also find it extremely frustrating that no one has been able to figure out what the hell JJ's issues are! I mean if it's his mechanics then keep him on the bench until they're fixed and it's mental then why would you EVER trust him in this role? Ughhhh

By McClouth grounding into that double play with the bases loaded and 1 out, Buck can once again blame the offense and totally ignore how horrible Jim Johnson is,

JJ isn't terrible, as much as he is totally streaky...which is insufficient for the closer's role.

Sorry, Buck. You have to make a change. We have flipping K-Rod.

I think that Buck needs JJ to be a quality reliever for more than one reason. First, JJ and not KRod is under team control for 2014. Second, the pen is too weak to promote KRod to closer and not pitch JJ. Right now we have a pen whose best options are KRod, O'Day and Hunter. Hunter and O'Day have given up some bombs and I am not sure that KRod can pitch 3 games out of a 4 or 5 day span.

I want to make sure that I get my point across here. I am not endorsing JJ as closer, but he needs to be one of the better parts of the pen in some capacity moving forward. For as much flack as the starting pitching has taken this year, the pen is the reason why this team is within 1-2 games of the Red Sox. The Orioles can't keep pissing away leads late in the game. The offense could do a little more, but for the love of God Buck/JJ lets get things worked out. All this fire Buck talk however is just silly. For what is worth, JJ is closing again anytime soon in my opinion. He just looks lost out there at times and that is bad considering that his pitches aren't diving low and away and he is pitching behind to just about every hitter.

Even when he is getting the job done the innings are not clean.

Totally agree. And closers will have un-clean innings. It's to be expected, especially when you're a sinkerballer...but it's just ridiculous this year. There are PLENTY of strikeout guys in the bullpen that could get it done.

Cut the amount of blown saves down to a reasonable 5 and see where we are now. It's the difference between a fringe contender and potentially a division leader.

JJ isn't terrible, as much as he is totally streaky...which is insufficient for the closer's role.

Sorry, Buck. You have to make a change. We have flipping K-Rod.

Yeah, but I think it is confidence issue at this point and some mechanics as well. A guy who makes his living keeping the ball down and throwing strikes can't do either. Someone explain this to me please.

I think that Buck needs JJ to be a quality reliever for more than one reason. First, JJ and not KRod is under team control for 2014. Second, the pen is too weak to promote KRod to closer and not pitch JJ. Right now we have a pen whose best options are KRod, O'Day and Hunter. Hunter and O'Day have given up some bombs and I am not sure that KRod can pitch 3 games out of a 4 or 5 day span.

I want to make sure that I get my point across here. I am not endorsing JJ as closer, but he needs to be one of the better parts of the pen in some capacity moving forward. For as much flack as the starting pitching has taken this year, the pen is the reason why this team is within 1-2 games of the Red Sox. The Orioles can't keep pissing away leads late in the game. The offense could do a little more, but for the love of God Buck/JJ lets get things worked out. All this fire Buck talk however is just silly. For what is worth, JJ is closing again anytime soon in my opinion. He just looks lost out there at times and that is bad considering that his pitches aren't diving low and away and he is pitching behind to just about every hitter.

JJ shouldn't be on this team next year.

Example A of why there should be a minimum rep requirement to start new threads and post in the game threads.

Example A of why I hardly spend time on here anymore. It always feels like members vs. non-members and high rep vs. low rep when all I want to do is discuss a baseball team.

Archived