Hunter Harvey - Joins the Ironbirds and slated to start tonight

Redskins Rick

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm-m-m.......18 years old and only 25 pro innings.....12 of them at Aberdeen? Harvey might be advanced for a high school pitcher, but Delmarva might be a stretch as a starting point next year. If he had some college experience maybe, but I think he might stay at Aberdeen for a while before moving up.

Hm-m-m.......18 years old and only 25 pro innings.....12 of them at Aberdeen? Harvey might be advanced for a high school pitcher, but Delmarva might be a stretch as a starting point next year. If he had some college experience maybe, but I think he might stay at Aberdeen for a while before moving up.

Aberdeen is short season. If they hold Hunter back then he won't start actual games until June.

No chance. He's a 1st Round pick who dominated at Aberdeen and GCL. They're going to want him to start building up innings next year, not going to extended ST.

Josh Hader was a HS pitcher last year. He pitched 20 innings in the GCL and 8 innings at Aberdeen. He wasn't as highly regarded as Harvey. He started at Delmarva this year

Assuming he's healthy, Harvey clearly starts at Delmarva next year. We've had several highly regarded high school pitchers start their first full season there: Hader, Bundy, Hobgood and Erbe are examples. Harvey clearly showed he's ready for that challenge.

I'm sure he will be. My guess is there will be another starter piggybacking for the first month or so.

What do you think, about 120 IP next year. A lot of 4 and 5 inning outings?

I guess they'll give him the Bundy treatment of going 3 IP at first, then 4, then 5. Maybe let him go 6 at the end of the year if he has the innings to spare.

What do you think, about 120 IP next year. A lot of 4 and 5 inning outings?

I guess they'll give him the Bundy treatment of going 3 IP at first, then 4, then 5. Maybe let him go 6 at the end of the year if he has the innings to spare.

I would guess more then Bundy since Hunter threw competitively after being drafted.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Is Hunter Harvey already a top 25 prospect in baseball? It's aggressive, but sources are blowing this kid up and I'm on board. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23rig&src=hash">#rig</a></p>— Jason Parks (@ProfessorParks) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProfessorParks/statuses/377508781128957952">September 10, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" title="Embedded Tweet" style="display: block; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px;" width="500" height="207"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stupid question, but who is Jason Parks and is he knowledgeable?

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Archived