Kendrys Morales Claimed per MLBTR

dbmillertime

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m

Dilson Herrera, the SS reportedly going from #Pirates to #Mets, is a 19-year-old from Colombia with a .751 OPS in the Class A Sally League.

That's all the Mets got for Byrd and Buck. I don't see Morales getting half that.

MLB.com had him ranked as the Pirates' 11th best prospect.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does the team have 48 hours to workout a deal? If so, we should be hearing who it is tonight at some point, I would think.

I wonder if we might be able to tell by the minor league lineups tonight, see if anyone is a late scratch.

I'm actually pretty surprised the NL teams let these guys pass right through to the pirates. Both are very nice additions to a contending team. Good for the Pirates.

Buck had a crazy-hot start to the season but has a .564 OPS since May 5. I have no idea how Byrd passed through waivers.

For the sake of argument, lets say at 130 Ronsethal Tweets..."Orioles had claimed Morales but were unable to come to an agreement on a deal." How angry will this board be?

I'm so used to not getting the players I want for this team, so I would be very upset knowing we had the chance and didn't pull the trigger.

Archived